Eric Lasagna

⊃∪∩⪽ Part II | March 1, 2024 | Reactions drop February 15, reviews February 21 | Zendaya for our next C-3P0

Listening this at gym and reading Charlie's $29M estimate for Saturday. Feeling pre-etty good. Incredible achievement as a whole without sacrificing the artistic expression to make it more accessible.

• Like 1

This movie is incredible. I think Part One is really good but this is a whole another level. I have never read the book or watched the Lynch version so this is all new to me.  Everybody bought their A game here. Fraiser and Zimmer should be the frontrunners to win Oscars again. The Cast  came to play. I could go on. All I can say this reminds me why I love movies. Easily the best movie I have seen since Oppenheimer.

• Like 1

I just got back from seeing this in a packed house, and pretty much the entire audience applauded by the time the credits rolled. I’m not sure I’ve ever seen that before. There were kids and teens in the audience too, and I heard a few of them gasp at certain parts. It was an interesting experience. 

I saw it in RPX, by the way. 

• Like 5

One of three gripes I have is the fact that "Only I Will Remain" from the OST doesn't play during the film. 

I would have ascended if I heard that back half of it during the movie. Guess I'm gonna stay for the whole credits just to hear it on that IMAX sound next time I see it. 

43 minutes ago, ando said:

One of three gripes I have is the fact that "Only I Will Remain" from the OST doesn't play during the film. 

I would have ascended if I heard that back half of it during the movie. Guess I'm gonna stay for the whole credits just to hear it on that IMAX sound next time I see it. 

Only I will remain plays at the end.

15 minutes ago, JustLurking said:

Only I will remain plays at the end.

Did it really? I must have been so locked in I didn't realize lmao. Or do you mean at the end of the credits?

6 minutes ago, ando said:

Did it really? I must have been so locked in I didn't realize lmao. Or do you mean at the end of the credits?

I mean the final scene has Only I will Remain playing and then it keeps going through the credits. If it doesn't I must be tripping or there's got to be a very similar track in the OST. If it is the back half you're looking for, though, then yeah, it does not play during the actual film.

Edited by JustLurking

1 minute ago, JustLurking said:

I mean the final scene has Only I will Remain playing and then it keeps going through the credits.

Ok I'm staying for the credits this time lol. I need that

6 hours ago, JustLurking said:

I mean the final scene has Only I will Remain playing and then it keeps going through the credits. If it doesn't I must be tripping or there's got to be a very similar track in the OST. If it is the back half you're looking for, though, then yeah, it does not play during the actual film.

The final scene is a track called Kiss the Ring.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, SnokesLegs said:

The final scene is a track called Kiss the Ring.

Oh I can see it, the motif is very similar to the middle part of Only I Will Remain, guess I got them mixed up. My bad!

Edited by JustLurking
  • Like 1

54 minutes ago, Morieris said:

Picked up the book to read...I expected a bunch of overly flowery nonsense (cough Tolkien) but it's straightfoward and clear.

Honestly i was shocked at how basic the prose was, haha. 

Loved this film. Performances are strong across the board, especially from Chalamet and Ferguson. The visuals are gorgeous and when the film soars, it really fucking soars. The themes of power, religious fanatacism, and deceit are so well done. 

My criticism for this film (though a bit better from the first) is that it can get a bit too long in a few scenes.

Also...the Bene Gesserit are the most captivating presence in the film. They are so mysterious. 

Bring on The Holy Wars.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Morieris said:

Picked up the book to read...I expected a bunch of overly flowery nonsense (cough Tolkien) but it's straightfoward and clear.

That just tells me you're not far in lol 

I do love the writing and that first chapter really puts its hooks in you, but the level of detail is if anything TOUGHER than Tolkien. It took me four tries. Now it's one of my favorite books. 

• Astonished 1

14 hours ago, JustLurking said:

No. Kiss the Ring ends the film. Then Only I Will Remain plays during the credits.

This was incredible. If I had to think of a blockbuster that could be considered art, this and Dune Part I would be such movies.

I'm glad Spring movie season is here. January and February were awful.

• Like 4