Eric is Quiet

⊃∪∩⪽ Part II | March 1, 2024 | Reactions drop February 15, reviews February 21 | Zendaya for our next C-3P0

People said Dune Part 1 would flop, they were very wrong. People said The Marvels or even Hunger Games would make more than Dune Part 2 and look at what happened. And even now people keep underestimating Dune. Why do we keep winning Dune nation?

Edited by iEnri

Yeah I think some of us just wanted to be cautious and say that anything above 150 DOM and 500 WW should not be seen as a disappointment. It now looks like it will get comfortably past those numbers. How much higher  it can go remains to be seen. 

Are there any tangible indications for a big jump in box office or are we talking about a gut feeling? I'd love for some of those predictions to come true, just don't want to get too excited only to be disappointed in the end.

• Like 4

39 minutes ago, Elessar said:

Are there any tangible indications for a big jump in box office or are we talking about a gut feeling? I'd love for some of those predictions to come true, just don't want to get too excited only to be disappointed in the end.

It's less a big jump from the first and more a reasonable jump from what the first probably would have done without HBO Max/Covid

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Elessar said:

Tangible. Presales in Paris jumped. Dom presales jumped. 

36 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

Tangible. Presales in Paris jumped. Dom presales jumped. 

Probably die hard fans. Question is, will it spillover to the average Joe. I have seen couple times where people jumped the gun only for presales to slow down.

Edited by Elessar

27 minutes ago, Elessar said:

Probably die hard fans. Question is, will it spillover to the average Joe. I have seen couple times where people jumped the gun only for presales to slow down.

Considering how much DUNC made during the pandemic plus hybrid reelase dom I'd say it isn't just die hard fans who showed up. But yes, caution doesn't hurt.

Edited by Valonqar