LPLC

Spiderman : No Way Home - Box office thread

315 mill os ow, and a weak christmas multi of 2,6 ( same as iw) , would take this movie to a 820 mill total and if we add japan mainly and some other countries we get 850-900.So my os range is 800-900 and with a VERY realistic chance for 1 bill os-china.

@GoblinXXR @Weird Alegion do you concur ?

Edited by john2000
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, john2000 said:

315 mill os ow, and a weak christmas multi of 2,6 ( same as iw) , would take this movie to a 820 mill total and if we add japan mainly and some other countries we get 850-900.So my os range is 800-900 and with a VERY realistic chance for 1 bill os-china.

@GoblinXXR @Weird Alegion do you concur ?

I would concur if not for all of these (possible) fucking lockdowns/restrictions. My gut says $800-850M OS-C-J should be good but I'm hesitant because I feel several countries may close down cinemas in the next 2 weeks. I just don't know which countries, when they'll start and for how long, so it's up in the air right now. 

Edited by GoblinXXR
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, GoblinXXR said:

I would concur if not for all of these (possible) fucking lockdowns/restrictions. My gut says $800-850M OS-C-J should be good but I'm hesitant because I feel several countries may close down cinemas in the next 2 weeks. I just don't know which countries, when they'll start and for how long, so it's up in the air right now. 

At this point the only major country thats maybe is in trouble is uk, the rest of major are fine.We will see though but i feel pretty confident.

2 minutes ago, Weird Alegion said:

The rolling lockdowns add an extra layer of spice ;) 

I mean at least right now, other than maybe the uk, there arent any more new lockdowns so.....but of course noone knows what will happen in 2 weeks just saying its not like there is a big wave of lockdowns.However my first comment was more like what was realistic possible it doesnt mean that it will hit my target for sure.

Edited by john2000
  • Haha 1

Deadline:

Adding another estimated $67M overseas on Friday, Sony/Marvel’s Spider-Man: No Way Home has grossed an amazing $181.4M at the international box office through yesterday. With domestic’s $121.5M Friday, the second biggest opening day of all time there, the global total is already across the three-century mark at $302.9M.

The Top 10 offshore markets through Friday are the UK ($24.9M), Mexico ($20M), Korea ($12.2M), Australia ($10.4M), Brazil ($9.6M), France ($9.2M), Russia ($9.1M), India ($8.9M), Italy ($7M) and Germany ($5.7M).

Edited by Purple Minion

3 minutes ago, Purple Minion said:

Adding another estimated $67M overseas on Friday, Sony/Marvel’s Spider-Man: No Way Home has grossed an amazing $181.4M at the international box office through yesterday. With domestic’s $121.5M Friday, the second biggest opening day of all time there, the global total is already across the three-century mark at $302.9M.

The Top 10 offshore markets through Friday are the UK ($24.9M), Mexico ($20M), Korea ($12.2M), Australia ($10.4M), Brazil ($9.6M), France ($9.2M), Russia ($9.1M), India ($8.9M), Italy ($7M) and Germany ($5.7M).

Hmm, maybe +20% OS Saturday and -20% from that for Sunday? That would put us at $326M through the weekend.

Edited by GoblinXXR

50 minutes ago, GoblinXXR said:

@RthHome Easier to ask in this thread than tag you a bunch, but do you have Saturday numbers/estimates for the major markets? 

UK
Australia
Mexico
Brazil
France
Germany
Italy
Spain
South Korea

As for Italy, I expect at least 2/2.5M euros for today

• Thanks 1