Eric Lasagna

No Way Home Weekend Thread | #RIP AIW Record | 260M OW DOM | 340M OS | 600M OW WW W/O CHINA

2 hours ago, JamesCameronScholar said:

This is what many don't understand, their frame of reference being comic book movies where the main character is the selling point/lynch pin. In fact I would say that Jim did with Pandora in one movie what the MCU has failed to do in what 20+ at this stage?

Why are there still sick and poor people in the MCU when they have AI? They have space travel. They can make machines that do insane things, yet the lives of ordinary people doesn't seem to have changed much. The world of the MCU is massively under developed.

Pandora on the other hand, people will be flocking to see it, to return/escape to that world again.

what issue of fantastic four did Reed Richards cure aids, cancer and solve world hunger? Lol.  The movies are like that cause that’s how the comics are. That’s the whole reason why Stan Lee set so many heroes in NYC instead of a fictional Metropolis cause he wanted the characters to be like they are in our world and relatable.

Edited by eddyxx
  • Like 2

The Force Awakens should have been extremely frontloaded but still managed to reach almost 4x multiplier to $930M.

That was the same weekend. No personally I doubt it will beat Endgame but its correct to say that it's a possibility.

Endgame is only a 3.4x multiplier, which would be record(?) low for a 50m OW in December. With the holiday season & no competition, it's very possible.

I just woke up, so I'm catching up on convos from pages ago and giving my 2 cents.   

As somebody who thought from a mile away that ITH, WSS, Richard, Soho, Duel, etc etc would all flop -- Wicked has real potential. It doesn't scream "I'm a boring real world drama about some working people or struggles from the last 1000 years." It's magic shit with some ip familiarity but a significant twist as well. 150+ possible.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Avatree said:

The Force Awakens should have been extremely frontloaded but still managed to reach almost 4x multiplier to $930M.

That was the same weekend. No personally I doubt it will beat Endgame but its correct to say that it's a possibility.

Endgame is only a 2.4x multiplier, which would be record(?) low for a 50m OW in December. With the holiday season & no competition, it's very possible.

Halfway between Black Panther and Endgame feels like a good landing spot for NWH. 

3 hours ago, GoblinXXR said:

Right now I'm thinking this is the top 5 OW next year...

1. Wakanda Forever - $185M
2. Multiverse of Madness - $160M
3. The Batman - $145M
4. Love & Thunder - $140M
5. Avatar 2 - $130M

My main caveat is Avatar 2. I can also see it making $250M. I just don't know how to gauge it yet. 

Bruh what is this Thor number. That's like less admits than Ragnarok, after he got mega popularity boost from rag/is/aeg.    

I will take MCU average over 200, vs this 160 stuff

• Like 1

Just now, Weird Alegion said:

Bruh what is this Thor number. That's like less admits than Ragnarok, after he got mega popularity boost from rag/is/aeg.    

I will take MCU average over 200, vs this 160 stuff

Ehh I didn't put much thought into it. 

I definitely don't think MOM, WF and L&T will average $200M. 

MOM OW 2x DS1 
WF OW = BP +/-10% 
L&T OW = T:R + 25-35%