Eric is Quiet

No Way Home Weekend Thread | #RIP AIW Record | 260M OW DOM | 340M OS | 600M OW WW W/O CHINA

5 minutes ago, KP1025 said:

What are we allowed to edit? Everything except OW rank I'm assuming? 

OW rank was dropped when we pushed the deadline back. DOM total and wknds 2-12 are open until midnight pacific.

Edited by Weird Alegion

1 hour ago, Weird Alegion said:

It's the same thing we were smoking when we said NWH 260. Funny how that worked out :Venom:

I knew this was going to be a big one, I may have over estimated any pandemic effect in my prediction , but this one was as sure a thing as you can get. 

Spider-Man is one of the most beloved superheroes in the freaking world.  

Dr. Strange has had a single solo film that was by all accounts "fine," and then a smattering of supporting roles.  Definitely getting a boost from NWH, for sure, but so far there isn't anything to indicate that much of an increase to me.  

2 minutes ago, Deep Wang said:

I knew this was going to be a big one, I may have over estimated any pandemic effect in my prediction , but this one was as sure a thing as you can get. 

Spider-Man is one of the most beloved superheroes in the freaking world.  

Dr. Strange has had a single solo film that was by all accounts "fine," and then a smattering of supporting roles.  Definitely getting a boost from NWH, for sure, but so far there isn't anything to indicate that much of an increase to me.  

I think you're underestimating how much his popularity has grown thanks to Infinity War, Endgame and now NWH. At a minimum, its getting a 50% increase over DS1 but I think it'll be closer to a 100% increase than 50%. 

2 minutes ago, druv10 said:

Lol, you've gone even above my 10 day projection.

😅 Yeeaaa I did my comp for tomorrw about 2 hours ago and it pointed to about $35M against Sunday. We know Monday will be less presale heavy than opening weekend, we just don't know exactly how far upward to adjust the comp. I'm just hoping it's over $40.16M for the record. 

Star Wars 8 and 9 sort of weakens Star War 7 a lot due to their storyline choices.

Main cool thing about Star Wars 7 it really left in wonder of the future of star wars.

Rogue One I think is the only new Star Wars film that likely is still quite popular with the fanbase overall. 

Edited by Torontofan
  • Like 3
  • ...wtf 1
  • Disbelief 1

I used to be a huge, huge Star Wars fan, we're talking watching the original trilogy on VHS like 50 times each when I was kid. I destroyed one of the tapes because I watched it too much.

But after the ST I just don't care anymore.

aba.gif

Fortunately it's been a couple years so I got over it but back then I was very, very salty about it

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

20 minutes ago, GoblinXXR said:

😅 Yeeaaa I did my comp for tomorrw about 2 hours ago and it pointed to about $35M against Sunday. We know Monday will be less presale heavy than opening weekend, we just don't know exactly how far upward to adjust the comp. I'm just hoping it's over $40.16M for the record. 

Yeah, I'm expecting 40-41M.

Same hold as TFA gets it to 43M so NWH has some wiggle room for Monday record. 

What's crazy to me is that No Way Home was originally supposed to open in the same July release dates as the other Holland Spidey movies before COVID altered production for every movie so the decision to place it right before Christmas ended up being genius. I imagine the next one will also be staying around the holidays now that the character has produced the closest thing the comic book movie genre has seen to a Star Wars-level multigenerational nostalgia-powered mega-event yet.

• Like 1

There’s still time folks. We got 13 more pages and a bunch more hours.

I wish Hawkeye was finished, because then we could do a marvel ranking, but I think that’s a waste until we see how Hawkeye lands.

movie wise though?

1. Eternals

2. Shang Chi

3. NWH

4. Widow

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1