Eric the IF

***SPOILERS*** ***SPOILERS*** ***SPOILERS*** NO WAY HOME SPOILERS THREAD ***SPOILERS*** ***SPOILERS*** ***SPOILERS*** ***DID WE MENTION SPOILERS?????***

4 hours ago, BK007 said:

How does Happy date Aunt May without ever seeing Peter lol. It's stupid.

1st thought that popped into my head.

Edited by excel1

The logic behind the spell is definitely wonky but there's a 99% chance that in the next movie everyone's memory of Peter will eventually get restored, even if the Stark gadgets are now gone for good.

After this movie used both The Spider-Men and The Villains of Spider-Man as its nostalgia hook, one has to assume the hook for the next one will be The Women of Spider-Man bringing Dunst and Stone (through multiverse shenanigans) back. Probably Bryce Dallas Howard as well if they want to go the extra mile of bringing back both Gwens (+ The Help reunion between Stone and Howard).

17 minutes ago, filmlover said:

The logic behind the spell is definitely wonky but there's a 99% chance that in the next movie everyone's memory of Peter will eventually get restored, even if the Stark gadgets are now gone for good.

After this movie used both The Spider-Men and The Villains of Spider-Man as its nostalgia hook, one has to assume the hook for the next one will be The Women of Spider-Man bringing Dunst and Stone (through multiverse shenanigans) back. Probably Bryce Dallas Howard as well if they want to go the extra mile of bringing back both Gwens (+ The Help reunion between Stone and Howard).

They need to give us Spider-Gwen

• Like 2

5 hours ago, The GOAT said:

Is Anyone of the opinion that Garfield is the best spider-man? or is it just me? 

he was definitely the best in this movie. Goes to show how much quality material matters. he has always been great but his movies less so and that took the toll. Tobey has 2 classics - Spiderman and Spiderman 2 (dubbed the best SH movie ever by some) - and that meme classic Spiderman 3. Holland's movies til NWH were also average like TASM but he coasted on effective supporting turns in CW and IW/Endgame. This is his best movie and performance as PP/Spiderman to date and it isn't even close. Garfield still dominated all scenes he was in, though. 

Garfield was definitely the MVP of this. Him saying that he wished he could fight an alien like the others have and Eddie/Venom now being some part of this universe (lol they did him so dirty in that mid-credits scene) felt like a subtle marketing pitch for Venom 3. After using the "Venom fights an evil version of himself" for two movies now, they're going to have to really up the ante for the third movie to make it feel like a certified event, and if there's anything that would make a boatload of money based on concept alone, it's Hardy vs. Garfield (complete with a bigger threat for them to team up and take down in the third act, of course).

• Like 3

1 minute ago, filmlover said:

Garfield was definitely the MVP of this. Him saying that he wished he could fight an alien like the others have and Eddie/Venom now being some part of this universe (lol they did him so dirty in that mid-credits scene) felt like a subtle marketing pitch for Venom 3. After using the "Venom fights an evil version of himself" for two movies now, they're going to have to really up the ante for the third movie to make it feel like a certified event, and if there's anything that would make a boatload of money based on concept alone, it's Hardy vs. Garfield (complete with a bigger threat for them to team up and take down in the third act, of course).

Idk why can't see them using Garfield vs Hardy especially since they made it known there's a symbiot (I butchered that I know) in the MCU. I WOULD LOVE TO BE PROVEN WRONG THOUGH cuz Andrew was fantastic

2 minutes ago, filmlover said:

It would be really cool if/when Tom goes up against Venom he puts two and two together and realizes "This might be the alien goo villain Peter Parker 2 mentioned fighting" 

Ok what if....

Miles Morales becomes the symbiote host in the MCUniverse? Maybe he's a big Spidey fan and the symbiote bonds with him, and he uses that Spidey love to mimic his abilities? 

I know this would be a departure from the comics but I'd like for them to do something different with this, after we've already had the "comic version" of both Miles and the Spidey/Venom in other visual mediums. Also, another teenage boy getting bit by another radioactive spider is just....dumb. 

Couple other things I’ve been thinking about/have been living in my mind since I saw this on Thursday:

- Andrew Garfield X 1M Heart Eyes

- His “Spider-Man 3” jazz hands will live rent free in my mind forever. 
- The more I think about it the more I keep laughing at MJ tossing bread at Spidey 3. God that scene was so so well played. 

- Does the spell apply to humans? Asking for a robot friend. 

- The MIT storyline is so silly cause Tony absolutely set up a free ride for Peter before IG/EW. I could see if MIT was like “in light of recent events, we are keeping Stark’s money but you can’t come”. Yet I don’t buy Iron Spidey Boy wasn’t taken care of;

- alternatively: Tony not setting up a free ride for Peter is such a dick move; even dead he’s still the wooooorse.

- Really glad May got to say the line, still really pressed she died. I also think the oh no she’s dead, oh she’s fine, oh no she’s actually dead, was a little weird.

- I don’t buy into a Andrew!Spidey v Venom movies where they are fighting each other. Just doesn’t work for the characters. That said, a movie where they are BFFs and gay disasters together for two hours fighting some bad guys? Oh yeah. Would watch that. 

- But I reaaaaaallly want an Andrew Spidey/Miles Morales story. 🥺🥺🥺🥺 He got the Miles reference. Do it. Doooo it. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Cap said:

We joke but I would watch the shit out of that. Omg what a glorious dumpster fire

What did you think of the Rogers the Musical promo being blatantly clear during the opening swing during Times Square lmao? A few weeks ago I joked in the Hawkeye thread that in the MCU one has to assume there's a petition going around to keep James Corden out of the movie adaptation like the one currently going around to keep him away from Wicked. Imagine if said movie adaptation were directed by Murphy with Rogers played by Andrew Rannells (as an actor who is secretly a superhero with the ability of stopping bad guys through the power of singing showtunes obviously). Make it happen, Papa Feige!