Eric Loves Rey

***SPOILERS*** ***SPOILERS*** ***SPOILERS*** NO WAY HOME SPOILERS THREAD ***SPOILERS*** ***SPOILERS*** ***SPOILERS*** ***DID WE MENTION SPOILERS?????***

27 minutes ago, Omario said:

I recall Sony saying they will be using Spiderman for their own universe no? I think it will be Andrew Garfield with Tom Hardy's Venom as he is the only one who hasn't fought an alien.

Hope this happens! Yup andrew says hes the only one among the 3 who hasnt fought the aliens...hopefully TASM3 or Venom 3 or SPidey vs Venom whatever it has andrew vs tom hardy but....

Tom hardys venom sees Tom as spidey and wonder how they will integrate in andrews universe...possible logic would be in the end he disappears along with spidey and villains...maybe he gets in to andrews universe!

• Like 1

Dafoe is arguably scarier in this movie than in the original Spider-Man. Best decision to lose the mask and just have him emote whenever the Goblin persona appears. 

It'd be ironic if because Peter knows Norman becomes the Green Goblin if they decide to introduce an MCU version that due to that fear Peter accidentally sends him on that path to Green Goblin. 

Controversial opinion: I feel like having Aunt May be this version of Spider-Man's uncle Ben was genius. We spent time with her character throughout several films so we actually know her character and Peter's relationship so her death and delivering a different version of the famous line was great.

• Like 10

4 minutes ago, iHeartJames said:

Controversial opinion: I feel like having Aunt May be this version of Spider-Man's uncle Ben was genius. We spent time with her character throughout several films so we actually know her character and Peter's relationship so her death and delivering a different version of the famous line was great.

I agree it was good to do something different from the previous two installments.  

My only gripe is I don’t thing they did enough with her in HC and FFH to make me feel deviated that she died.  I was sad but she was mostly used for just comedy in those two movies. 

She has some good moments in Homecoming but yeah in FFH she was just comic relief unfortunately. They do a good job with her in this movie as the support to Peter and it's even better because she knows Peter is Spider-Man so she knows the full extent of the power and abilities he has unlike when Uncle Ben says it in normal iterations. 

In essence this has been one long origin story for Spider-Man. 

• Like 2

So something I really loved that I haven’t seen anyone else mention yet but in the scene when Peter realizes Norman is actually Green Goblin now, I just loved the acting from Tom

and Dafoe in this scene. I thought it was one of the best displays of the spider sense that we’ve seen in the movies and for all the criticism of Jon Wats, he really directed that scene well. He does slow burning tension really good (just like he did with vulture in the car in Homecoming). And I think the director would do well at a adult thriller like Gone Girl.

• Like 6

On 12/16/2021 at 7:45 AM, John Marston said:

If everyone forgets Peter Parker how is he able to get a job, get an apartment etc? 

He shouldn't exist in any record.

I feel this is kind of an over correction

If you put in a little thought, the whole thing unravels.

Why have they all forgotten who he is? They are just meant to forget he's Spider Man.

He was friends with Ned before he was bitten (I assume, can't remember). MJ only finds out in the last movie. How does Happy date Aunt May without ever seeing Peter lol. It's stupid.

Then on top of that, the universes are colliding because they know Peter Parker = Spider Man, so if they now all forget, then wouldn't Garfield and Maguire Spider Man universes also no longer know Spider Man? lol

40 minutes ago, BK007 said:

If you put in a little thought, the whole thing unravels.

Why have they all forgotten who he is? They are just meant to forget he's Spider Man.

He was friends with Ned before he was bitten (I assume, can't remember). MJ only finds out in the last movie. How does Happy date Aunt May without ever seeing Peter lol. It's stupid.

Then on top of that, the universes are colliding because they know Peter Parker = Spider Man, so if they now all forget, then wouldn't Garfield and Maguire Spider Man universes also no longer know Spider Man? lol

Let's see. First thing first. "Multiverse is a concept - We know frighteningly little' 

Dr. Strange assumes two things -

1. The people who came through were all those who knew Peter Parker was Spiderman.

2. They died fighting Spidey.

And he was wrong and you don't need to see other movies, its showcased in this movie itself.

1. Max didn't knew PP, he even wanted him to be black.

2. Sandman didn't die and whenever he was taken, he was friendly to Tobey's spidey because his first attempt is to save and not kill.

So, Anyway - people forgetting PP is Spiderman - that was goal at start of movie.

Whole Multiverse happens because Dr. Strange is trying to alter the reality itself - he wasn't doing minor hokey pokey- no. He was tryin to wipe clean memories of Billions. 

Near the end, Strange makes it very clear.  Anybody who knew Peter Parker was going to forget him.

It has nothing to do with people who knew him as Spiderman. No, Dr. Strange wipes off 'Peter parker' from people's mind. They forget existence known as 'Peter Parker' as he is wiped off from the memories and document/videos/photos everything. 

The only err here is - it's not shown happening. 

People know 'Spiderman' exists. Happy remembers Aunt-May whom he met via Spiderman. He remembers Aunt May as Spidey's aunt. 

Also, I don't think Dr. Strange forgets Peter parker because the Trailer of MoM exist where he is trying to justify his actions... so assuming, he is only person who didn't forget - he could have help Peter secure his identity at very least.

Edited by Shanks
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, Shanks said:

Also, I don't think Dr. Strange forgets Peter parker because the Trailer of MoM exist where he is trying to justify his actions... so assuming, he is only person who didn't forget - he could have help Peter secure his identity at very least.

Nope, he also forgets it, he is pretty clear about that in the last scenes.