The Panda

The 2021 BOFFY Awards - WINNER REVEAL STARTS ON PAGE 14

Postpone Deadline to 21st?  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Postpone?

13 minutes ago, The Panda said:

Best Original Song Shortlist

Six Women Have Come Forward; Sparks and Leos Carax (from “Annette”)

Best International Feature Shortlist

Days

Best Overlooked Feature Shortlist

Days

Worst Feature Shortlist

Last Night in Soho

all i really wanted. counting this as an unqualified success.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lorddemaxus said:

Did Station Eleven come anywhere close to making it into the TV shortlist? Beating myself for not making a shortlist and not finishing the show last night (finished the show today and it's fantastic).

I didn't even know the show was out yet

2 hours ago, lorddemaxus said:

Did Station Eleven come anywhere close to making it into the TV shortlist? Beating myself for not making a shortlist and not finishing the show last night (finished the show today and it's fantastic).

Somewhat but it was more than one vote away to give you some peace 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, BestPicturePlutoNash said:

Ok so what now? Do we vote again? (I've already messaged a ballot and shortlist)

If you’d like to keep your ballot the same that is fine. You may want to update the shortlist categories, as the votes in those needs to be from the revealed short lists.

Only the short lists were due this past week.

Voting procedures described for everyone

The current ballot due is for nominations, which is 6 movies/candidates ranked per category. The ranking is used to for tiebreakers (ie. If two films are tied in votes for the sixth position then the film with the highest average ranking will get the nomination). If you do not rank one of your entries then it will not be factored into the average ranking for potential tiebreakers (only the crude vote count)

For best picture you pick and rank 10 films instead of 6.

For categories with a revealed short  lists, you rank 6 choices from the short list (anything chosen that’s not on the short list will not be counted).

• Like 3

Here is the complete list of shortlisted films....

And here is a list of the shortlisted films that do not include the films that would technically get a nomination from Best Villain - Straight to Streaming, Disney+/HBO Max. Personally, I'd use to latter to look at what you need to catch up on, but I figured it'd be convenient to have both.

Edited by Blankments
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Note: This year, this FYC will not include categories that have already made shortlists...

FOR YOUR CONSIDERATION

The Power of the Dog

eight_col_076_POUVOIR_DU_CHIEN_(2021)_07

for Best Picture, Best Director (Jane Campion), Best Ensemble, Best Actor (Benedict Cumberbatch), Best Supporting Actor (Kodi Smit-McPhee), Best Supporting Actress (Kirsten Dunst), Best Adapted Screenplay, Best Cinematography, Best Film Editing, Best Costume Design and Best Original Score (Jonny Greenwood).

The French Dispatch

a313a304217d1009abb8f61c777e8bfd08-frenc

for Best Picture, Best Ensemble, Best Supporting Actor (Jeffrey Wright), Best Adapted Screenplay, Best Cinematography, Best Costume Design, Best Production Design, Best Hair and Makeup Design, and Best Original Score (Alexandre Desplat).

Luca

aw7xxzdktbkhlkwqh4d4.png

for Best Picture, Best Director (Enrico Casarosa), Best Voice Performance (Jack Dylan Grazer), Best Voice Performance (Jacob Tremblay), Best Original Screenplay, Best Animated Feature, Best Visual Effects, Best Original Score (Dan Romer) and Most Soul Crushing Box Office Run.

Drive My Car

Drive-My-Car.jpg

for Best Picture, Best Director (Ryusuke Hamaguchi), Best Ensemble, Best Actor (Hidetoshi Nishijima), Best Supporting Actress (Toko Miura), Best Adapted Screenplay and Best Film Editing.

The Green Knight

Screenshot-48.png

for Best Adapted Screenplay, Best Visual Effects, Best Costume Design, Best Production Design, Best Hair and Makeup Design and Best Original Score (Daniel Hart).

West Side Story

Screenshot-2021-12-09-at-2.48.56-PM.png

for Best Ensemble, Best Supporting Actress (Ariana DeBose), Best Cinematography, Best Film Editing, Best Costume Design and Best Sound Design.

In the Heights

b2f26c59807168c455952d11e4142c27c7df074f

for Best Picture, Best Director (Jon M. Chu), Best Ensemble, Best Supporting Actress (Leslie Grace) and Best Adapted Screenplay.

Judas and the Black Messiah

Judas-And-The-Messiah.jpg

for Best Picture, Best Actor (Daniel Kaluuya), Best Original Screenplay, Best Film Editing and Best Sound Design.

The Matrix Resurrections

12d92eced26394f9628e3638562f487e.png

for Best Picture, Best Ensemble, Best Adapted Screenplay, Best Visual Effects and Best Hair and Makeup Design.

Spencer

MV5BNWJjZDNlMDctZWRiZS00Njk5LTg1NWEtYjZl

for Best Actress (Kristen Stewart), Best Cinematography, Best Costume Design, Best Production Design and Best Original Score (Jonny Greenwood).

Licorice Pizza

licorice-pizza-1.jpg

for Best Actress (Alana Haim), Best Supporting Actor (Bradley Cooper), Best Production Design and Best Soundtrack.

Petite Maman

PETITE-MAMAN-1.jpg

for Best Picture, Best Director (Celine Sciamma), Best Original Screenplay and Best Film Editing.

Memoria

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSMwZf5-q7dd-V8Z1cpil9

for Best Actress (Tilda Swinton) and Best Sound Design.

Annette

driver-annette.jpg

for Best Actor (Adam Driver).

The Little Things

The-Little-Things-rev-1-TLT-FP-087_High_

for Most Epic Box Office Run.

• Like 3