Maggie

Weekend Thread (Feb 4 - 6) : Jackass $1.65 Thursday

This is probably one of the few times in history where Josh Gad will look at something and say "I dodged a bullet" (he was originally going to be in Moonfall until COVID messed up everyone's schedules and it ended up going to one of the lesser-known Game of Thrones actors).

18 minutes ago, el sid said:

Quite nice number.

@Rorschach was again pretty close 👍. Hopefully his Friday prediction is also right.

By the way, this probably had no big impact but some theaters were closed yesterday.

It definitely had a big impact.

Over 300 or so theaters closed last night,  and some will remain that way today. Dallas is a big market, and that was completely fucked last night,  as well as many others.

If that wasn't the case, this probably gets $2m Thursday

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, filmlover said:

This is gonna be one ugly write-off with that $146M budget.

Lionsgate is on the hook for like 40M between marketing and domestic rights. They will be fine.

11 minutes ago, AJG said:

I'm guessing President Xi is on the hook for the other $100m...

Around 50M apparently. Which means the rest of the world financed 80-85M from what we know (Lionsgate paid something in the low 8 digits figures, which I am guessing it was 15-20M, for the domestic rights).

• Like 1