Maggie

Weekend Thread (Feb 4 - 6) : Jackass $1.65 Thursday

5 minutes ago, EmpireCity said:

Death on the Nile kicks ass.  

Not that anyone gives a shit, but The Unbreakable Boy is moving out of March it looks like.  

Great to hear, Nile may be my only theater movie between Spider and Bat. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, EmpireCity said:

This would be a really cute hot take if the Jackass movies hadn't been opening at $50m+ over 12 years ago (which would be like a $70m+ opening today) and kicking the ass of a lot of those directors for a long time.  Jackass is a BILLION dollar franchise.  

The fact that it is opening and playing well should be a shock to absolutely no one.  

Despite my personal revulsion to all the marketing material I’ve been exposed to from the franchise, yeah.   

Jackass 3D’s Ow was jussssst outside the top 100, ~77M today by rank.

I am starting to question my stance on we need to release movies year-round and mess up the traditional schedule. Because it’s been the coldest January in like a decade up here, and I have no interest in going to the movies. It’s too cold and it’s dark!

Maybe there is something to releasing all of your movies during the two months that there’s more than five hours of daylight a year. 😂😂😂

I was going to do Moonfall, but I’m second-guessing that. I also didn’t realize that Super Bowl weekend is Valentines weekend so we probably won’t do marry me until after opening weekend.

@Krissykins My friend and I decided to rewatch the scream series before we go see the new one. And we finally did it. We haven’t seen the new movie yet, but I watched 2, 3, and 4 again. And I have to say I love the ladies. Gail Weathers and Sidney Prescott are so iconic.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Cap said:

I also didn’t realize that Super Bowl weekend is Valentines weekend so we probably won’t do marry me until after opening weekend.

Just wait for 2027 when the Superbowl is on Valentine's day and is also Pres Eve.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, EmpireCity said:

Death on the Nile kicks ass.  

Not that anyone gives a shit, but The Unbreakable Boy is moving out of March it looks like.  

I got the trailer for The Unbreakable Boy before Sing 2 (like The Devil's Light, the studio is only promoting it in theaters) and it honestly looks like something that would end up sold off to a streaming service. We'll see.

22 minutes ago, Cap said:

I also didn’t realize that Super Bowl weekend is Valentines weekend so we probably won’t do marry me until after opening weekend.

The NFL moving the Super Bowl down a weekend to mid-February bugs the crap out of me, especially because it's now going to ruin Valentine's Day grosses forever. So utterly stupid.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Napoleon said:

The fact that Jackass Forever has a 90% RT score and it's going to open higher than the latest films from Steven Spielberg, Ridley Scott, Guillermo Del Toro, Lana Wachowski, M Night Shyamalan and Christopher Nolan is the definitive answer to the question that's been hunting us since the MCU took over the box office: is cinema dead?

I give up.

Remove Nolan out of those name and we are cool. TENET opened manifold of what Jackass will.

US cinemas weren't just open to have any comparison and they aren't only place these films are releasing.

Edited by charlie Jatinder

8 minutes ago, Eric Knoxville said:

The NFL moving the Super Bowl down a weekend to mid-February bugs the crap out of me, especially because it's now going to ruin Valentine's Day grosses forever. So utterly stupid.

Huh? The SB only borders Valentine’s like 28% of the time

Edited by Product Driven Legion

@WrathOfHan @Eric Knoxville it's time for february

15x:

Death on the Nile: Tenet Round 3 IMAX, Honest Thief Dolby, Synchronic, Nightmare Alley, The Matrix Resurrections Round 2, A Journal for Jordan, Licorice Pizza Round 2, Guess Who’s Coming to Dinner, Scream Dolby, West Side Story Round 2, The Matrix Resurrections Round 3, The King’s Man, No Time to Die Round 2 IMAX, The Souvenir: Part II, Belle Round 2

14x:

Morbius: The Gentlemen, Bloodshot IMAX, The New Mutants IMAX, Tenet Round 3 IMAX, The Last Duel, Eternals Dolby, Spider-Man: No Way Home IMAX, The Matrix Resurrections, Spider-Man: No Way Home Round 2, Nightmare Alley, The Matrix Resurrections Round 2, A Journal for Jordan, Scream Dolby, The Matrix Resurrections Round 3

10x:

The Batman: Dune Dolby, Eternals Dolby, The Matrix Resurrections, Spider-Man: No Way Home Round 2, Nightmare Alley, The Matrix Resurrections Round 2, Licorice Pizza Round 2, Scream Dolby, The Matrix Resurrections Round 3, No Time to Die Round 2 IMAX

8x:

Jackass Forever: Old, The Suicide Squad IMAX, Candyman Dolby, Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings IMAX, Malignant, Titane, No Time to Die Dolby, Scream Dolby, The King’s Man

7x:

The 355: Honest Thief Dolby, Mank, Dear Evan Hansen Dolby, No Time to Die Dolby, The French Dispatch, Spencer, Belfast

Lightyear: Encanto Dolby Atmos, The Matrix Resurrections, Nightmare Alley, The Matrix Resurrections Round 2, West Side Story Round 2, The Matrix Resurrections Round 3, The King’s Man

Fantastic Beasts: The Secrets of Dumbledore: The Matrix Resurrections, Spider-Man: No Way Home Round 2, The Matrix Resurrections Round 2, Sing 2 Dolby, West Side Story Round 2, The Matrix Resurrections Round 3, Belle Round 2

6x:

Ambulance: Dune Dolby, Spider-Man: No Way Home IMAX, The Matrix Resurrections, Spider-Man: No Way Home Round 2, The Matrix Resurrections Round 2, The Matrix Resurrections Round 3

Marry Me: A Journal for Jordan, Licorice Pizza Round 2, Sing 2 Dolby, Guess Who’s Coming to Dinner, Scream Dolby, West Side Story Round 2

Uncharted: Dune Dolby, Spider-Man: No Way Home IMAX, Spider-Man: No Way Home Round 2, A Journal for Jordan, Licorice Pizza Round 2, The King’s Man

Moonfall: Malignant, No Time to Die Dolby, Dune Dolby, Spider-Man: No Way Home Round 2, The King’s Man, No Time to Die Round 2 IMAX

5x:

Top Gun: Maverick: Gemini Man Dolby HFR120fps3D, Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker Dolby, Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker Round 2 IMAX, A Quiet Place Part II IMAX, Snake Eyes: G.I. Joe Origins IMAX

Turning Red: The Addams Family 2, Ron’s Gone Wrong, Encanto Dolby Atmos, West Side Story Dolby, Sing 2 Dolby

4x:

Hotel Transylvania: Transformania: Spirit Untamed, In the Heights Round 3, Peter Rabbit 2: The Runaway, Cruella

Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness: The Conjuring 2 Round 2, Wrath of Man, Spider-Man: No Way Home IMAX, Spider-Man: No Way Home Round 2

Scream: The Last Duel, Dune Dolby, House of Gucci, Nightmare Alley

Dog: The Matrix Resurrections, Licorice Pizza Round 2, Sing 2 Dolby, Scream Dolby

Everything Everywhere All at Once: The Matrix Resurrections Round 3, The King’s Man, The Souvenir: Part II, Belle Round 2

The Lost City: The Matrix Resurrections, The Matrix Resurrections Round 2, The Matrix Resurrections Round 3, Parallel Mothers

3x:

Minions: The Rise of Gru: The Call of the Wild Dolby, Onward Dolby, The Croods Round 2
The Northman: The Matrix Resurrections, The Matrix Resurrections Round 2, Scream Dolby
Downton Abbey: A New Era: Belfast, Sing 2 Dolby, The Souvenir: Part II

2x:

The Comeback Trail: Tenet Round 3 IMAX, Honest Thief Dolby
Thor: Love and Thunder: The Conjuring 2 Round 2, Wrath of Man
Black Panther: Wakanda Forever: The Conjuring 2 Round 2, Wrath of Man
The Marvels: The Conjuring 2 Round 2, Wrath of Man
Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania: The Conjuring 2 Round 2, Wrath of Man
Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3: The Conjuring 2 Round 2, Wrath of Man
Fantastic Four: The Conjuring 2 Round 2, Wrath of Man
DC League of Super-Pets: The Mitchells vs. the Machines, King Richard
Sonic the Hedgehog 2: Spider-Man: No Way Home Round 2, Sing 2 Dolby
Redeeming Love: Spencer, West Side Story Round 2
The Unbearable Weight of Massive Talent: The Matrix Resurrections Round 2, The Matrix Resurrections Round 3
Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse (Part One): Sing 2 Dolby, Belle Round 2
The Bad Guys: Sing 2 Dolby, Belle Round 2

1x:

The Duke: The Lost Leonardo
The Black Phone: The Last Duel
Munich: Edge of War: Don’t Look Up
The Outfit: Nightmare Alley
The Devil’s Light: Nightmare Alley
Strawberry Mansion: The Tragedy of Macbeth
The Unbreakable Boy: A Journal for Jordan
The Godfather: 50th Anniversary: Scream Dolby
X: Scream Dolby