filmlover

94th Academy Awards Discussion Thread | WHAT JUST HAPPENED

11 minutes ago, Claire of Themyscira said:

TO YOU.

That's why I typed it out.  To me she looks like a tramp.  Wasn't speaking for you.  😉

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, filmlover said:

I can't wait to see the spin tomorrow when this inevitably doesn't see the 40 million viewers they are clearly hoping to see again.

That is literally impossible. They haven't seen that since 2014. I think they will be happy with anything over 20 million tbh.

Edited by CJohn

Just now, CJohn said:

That is literally impossible. They haven't seen that since 2011. I think they will be happy with anything over 20 million tbh.

Tell that to Will Packer and the other producers lol. Everything that's been announced about the telecast screams "desperation."

• Like 1

Just now, Eric Says Trans Rights said:

If Timothee can't get any respect, nobody should get it 😠

He shoud have been nominated as well. He plays a really unforgiving role (since Dunes Protagonist by design doesnt show many emotions) and yet still always feels natural.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, filmlover said:

Tell that to Will Packer and the other producers lol. Everything that's been announced about the telecast screams "desperation."

I fix my post to say 2014. Still impossible anyway but the last time was not 2011.

2020 was 26 million. 2021 was 10 million. I am not even sure if jumping 100% is possible. I am expecting 15 million max.

2 minutes ago, CJohn said:

I fix my post to say 2014. Still impossible anyway but the last time was not 2011.

2020 was 26 million. 2021 was 10 million. I am not even sure if jumping 100% is possible. I am expecting 15 million max.

Under 10 this year. Under 6 million by 2025 and on a streaming service by 2030.

10 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Tammy Faye won Makeup? I think that solidifies Chastain as the likely winner in Actress.

As someone mentioned, most of the below the line categories are awarded to "Most" instead of "Best". Always go with Most Costumes and Most Makeup to win.

Only recent makeup winner to go to Best over Most was probably when Suicide Squad beat Star Trek Beyond.

5 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

absurd win btw. they made jessica chastain look like the radiator woman from eraserhead.

Didn't like the movie but I thought they did a good job with the makeup tbh, they made me believe Jessica was Tammy Faye. For anyone who was alive in America in the 80s, few people were as easy of a punchline as she was between her Joker-like appearance and the fact said makeup would often end up running down her face due to her weepy on-camera behavior.

Edited by filmlover