filmlover

94th Academy Awards Discussion Thread | WHAT JUST HAPPENED

53 minutes ago, MikeQ said:

Netflix needs to not only rely on complex, critically acclaimed films from acclaimed directors to aim for that Best Picture Oscar, because so often it's the competently made, "feel-good" film that wins. I'd say most of Netflix's original major contenders (Roma, Mank, The Irishman, Marriage Story, Power of the Dog) have been the kinds of movies that the Academy will not always award as the best film of the year if they have a suitable "feel-good" alternative. Not always, but Netflix needs to consider that moving forward, if they so badly want that Oscar.

Peace,

Mike

1 white noise adaptation coming right up!

"When Chris hosted the Oscars in 2016, Jada was boycotting because of 'Oscars So White.' In his monologue, he made fun of her, saying she can't boycott something she wasn't invited to," the insider explains. "Will was still mad about that."

At the time, Rock made a jab at Jada, 50, in his opening monologue. "Jada boycotting the Oscars is like me boycotting Rihanna's panties. I wasn't invited," he said.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Chaz said:

I gotta go to bed but i just LMAO at Will Smith mincing his ass up on stage to slap a man. This stunt queen shit I can’t 

The was a stunt, right? 
Anyway, despite it being a crap year for film full of crap nominees, it was kind of an enjoying show. 

2 minutes ago, WorkingonaName said:

I cant believe there are people supporting Will Smith.

Not really, everyone agrees that he could've handled it better without violence. Although because so much of the ceremony was a chore to get through, this one will at least forever have the distinction of being known as The One Where Will Smith Slapped Chris Rock.

40 minutes ago, BadOlCatSylvester said:

CODA was a feel-good movie released right after one of the most devastating events in human history

But I was rooting for Italy in the Euro final

5 minutes ago, grim22 said:

Yeah, the "edited-in" categories completely felt like an afterthought, and that sense of momentum from win after win (most wins of the night) was lost. They didn't save any time from cutting the categories from the live show, so one can hope they will re-instate them next year. Certainly, I hope they do.

Peace,

Mike