Jack Nevada

Pixar Movies From Best to worst

1) Finding Nemo2) TS1, TS2, TS3, The Incredibles3) Monsters Inc. A Bug's Life, Cars...4) Wall-E, Up.....5) Cars2....6) Ratatouille The only Pixar film I hate. IMO the story of a rat pulling the hair of a man to control him making food is plainly stupid and absurd.

living toys, a robot fall in love, a flying house, the world populated by cars and a superhero family isn't absurd, right?

Edited by Goffe

(Well, I don't really love Wall-E and Up.)

It's not about being illogic. It's about the continuation and the balance. Illogic is a must have for most of the animation films, but I despise the idea of slamming the illogical part into the normal human world. You have this normal guy and a normal place, and on the other hand you have this unnormal rat that pulls his hair and teaches him how to cook. This is like eating a crab and a lemon together. It's just a bad mix.

In Toy Story, the filmmakers went very careful. When the scene included human and the toys, the toys were being toys, and the human looked them as just toys, and I liked it a lot.

...6) Ratatouille The only Pixar film I hate. IMO the story of a rat pulling the hair of a man to control him making food is plainly stupid and absurd.

In fact, it is pixar's finest film, and the most ingeniousOnly pixar has been able to create these " absurd" stories, for that reason I love their movies!

The problem with the hair-pulling rat conceit is that it feels like it was just thrown in there because the writers couldn't figure out a way for Linguini to learn how to cook from the rat himself. It really shortchanges Linguini's character who could've been a human counterpart to Remy's journey to acceptance but instead basically gets lucky the entire film.The movie would've been a lot better if they'd been a team rather than a puppet and his puppeteer as the hair pulling entails. They still could've had the rift later on with Linguini hesitant to reveal Remy to the press (though I would've dropped the Collette romance subplot too. She works as a mentor, but the love story was forced)

Edited by tribefan695

The problem with the hair-pulling rat conceit is that it feels like it was just thrown in there because the writers couldn't figure out a way for Linguini to learn how to cook from the rat himself. It really shortchanges Linguini's character who could've been a human counterpart to Remy's journey to acceptance but instead basically gets lucky the entire film.The movie would've been a lot better if they'd been a team rather than a puppet and his puppeteer as the hair pulling entails. They still could've had the rift later on with Linguini hesitant to reveal Remy to the press (though I would've dropped the Collette romance subplot too. She works as a mentor, but the love story was forced)

The puppeteer scenes are childish, but how could it get a G rating? Remy leads a very perilious life and all those corpses - a really frightening movie.

I agree that it should've received a PG rating. The MPAA doesn't appear to take non-human peril very seriously.There is a lot I really like about the film, though. The atmosphere, the music, the visuals, and there's a lot of individual scenes that are classics. But taking the story as a whole, it really leaves a lot to be desired IMO.I know some people have those same complaints about Wall-E but I think that movie does a better job following through on its promises. Everything relating to the Axiom and the plant is foreshadowed at the beginning and Wall-E's adventure there is a far more satisfying metaphor than whatever they were going for with that puppeteering.

Edited by tribefan695

1. Up2. WALL-E3. The Incredibles4. Finding Nemo5. Toy Story6. Monsters, Inc.7. Toy Story 28. A Bug's Life9. Ratatoulle10. Toy Story 311. CarsNot a bad flick in the bunch. Even Cars is enjoyable. Ratatoulle used to be at the bottom of my list, but I think it's aged well.(I have not yet seen Cars 2)

Well, then I just plain don't like the puppet control. As the human who's giving Remy this opportunity, Linguini should've had a lot more agency in their relationship. Because of this weird fantasy-metaphorical conceit both characters come out a lot less likable than they could've been under a more realistic approach. To see a character achieve his dream by simply taking advantage of others isn't a very good moral, IMO.

The Disney short film Ben & Me worked a similar premise to more satisfying effect.

Edited by tribefan695

why you get disturbed for things like this, it's just a "bad", what’s the drama?,If you look closely to my personal pixar rank, you’ll see where I put Cars 2, so move on :lol: :lol:at least in every negative comment against cars 2, most people praised Sir, Michael Caine role (Finn McMissile), for them, that was the most positive aspect of the movieand sure, Shrek 3, Over the Hedge, M vs. A, are absolutely flawless filmsyou are smart enough to get the difference between the Cars Franchise" and the Cars films ;), so calm down and not get offended by your own appreciations,and last, Please, stop using the word "loon", you sound so silly

Don't understand what you're trying to say.Didn't see your rank.Michael Caine is class, that's why. The character? Not so much. Stock spy head character.Did I say that? No.False. Any Pixar fan worth his salt knows that's what they set out to do, THAT'S why Cars 2 is such a backstabbing abomination. It goes against their stated beliefs.The word sounding silly does not mean I do. I decided against the word fan since you don't even know what they stood for.

What? Linguini got success to his head, he was lucky but he was needed. Success changes people.

I'm not sure what that has to do with what I was saying, but no, he didn't. If anyone let success go to their head it was Remy, who acted like a vindictive douche just because Linguini was afraid to reveal him to the world (and with good reason, I think). What makes it worse is this selfish personality is never addressed or even recognized in the film. Edited by tribefan695