Eric Prime

THE BATMAN WEEKEND THREAD | 134M OW DOM, 258.2M WW | Biggest WB opening since BvS. First non Disney-affiliated 100M OW since 2018

30 minutes ago, SnokesLegs said:

Nah, they wouldn’t go with someone who is basically a Margot clone. They’ll have to go with someone completely different and do a totally different take on the character to avoid comparisons. 

I’m really hoping they avoid villains that have already been done recently though, give us some fresh characters beyond the same old suspects. Hush would be great.

I think they could away with using Poison Ivy simply because it's been a while since the last live adaptation of the character. 

I wonder if Andrea Beaumont/The Phantasm would work in live action. The character has recently been added to the comics and has a connection to Bruce Wayne.

2 hours ago, ban1o said:

I think people underrate how well uncharted has done.  I swear everyone was so sure it was going to flop. 

And for perspective, if the weekend estimate holds Monday's gross will allow it to surpass Rampage domestically.

• Like 1

I agree with the notion that the Reeves movies should avoid using antagonists that were used in the Nolan trilogy for the most part. The concept of an updated Poison Ivy that ties in with biological warfare is an intriguing one that could work.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, SnokesLegs said:

I’m not sure I could take a press tour where she constantly tells people how she planted herself in a plant pot for 6 months to stay in character.

No joke though lol. Her desperate and cringe worthy campaign behavior, which included endless purchased articles and social media posts from the likes of Variey and The Hollywood Reporter touting her surefire Oscar win, is likely what convinced Academy members to not give her an (already undeserved) Oscar nomination for HoG.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, filmlover said:

I agree with the notion that the Reeves movies should avoid using antagonists that were used in the Nolan trilogy for the most part. The concept of an updated Poison Ivy that ties in with biological warfare is an intriguing one that could work.

Easier said than done though. Joker is just too big a draw to simply be ignored.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Poison Ivy shouldn’t be a villain. She is basically Mother Earth, and completely right. Let her and Harley be girlfriends in their own movie where she like takes down LexCorp Oil. 

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Cap said:

Poison Ivy shouldn’t be a villain. She is basically Mother Earth, and completely right. Let her and Harley be girlfriends in their own movie where she like takes down LexCorp Oil. 

she murders a lot of people y'know

Edited by AnDr3s

The DC Heroes ad before The Batman actually kind of got me hyped for the rest of DC's stuff this year. I think superpets could break out more than most kids films have during the pandemic (say, 40/130M). Black Adam will be more of a Shazam sized hit but that's still pretty solid. Flash I think could break out especially if some of the rumours are true, and while I hated the first Aquaman, The Lost Kingdom will probably be a hit as well.