Eric Prime

THE BATMAN WEEKEND THREAD | 134M OW DOM, 258.2M WW | Biggest WB opening since BvS. First non Disney-affiliated 100M OW since 2018

3 minutes ago, HouseOfTheSun said:

…you do understand and that you are quite literally making numbers up and using that as the basis for you thought process right?

More like using what happened and applying logic to what would have happened had circumstances been different. 

2 minutes ago, HouseOfTheSun said:

Deadline at 55m for Friday and 110 for the OW 

I know it’s Deadline and math isn’t their strong suit but $55m Friday should end up a decent bit higher than $110m unless this thing falls off a cliff

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, HouseOfTheSun said:

Deadline at 55m for Friday and 110 for the OW. Perhaps basing internal multipliers on the 17.6 would be more reasonable than the 21.6 for this movie….

A) exactly what I expected for true Fri from these preview

B). It's early deadline so anywhere.from 50-60 😛

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, HouseOfTheSun said:

Deadline at 55m for Friday and 110 for the OW. 

I will check back in later but those figures would be terrible if they hold. 

2 minutes ago, BruiseCruise said:

Deadline notoriously lowballs so who cares what they think Friday will come in at?

You’re asking why a box office forum cares about box office numbers from as official of a publication as we can get with access to comscore? 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, excel1 said:

Boxofficepro said $150m as did Yahoo business who specifically noted that number TODAY. Pretty sure neither used myself as a source. 

What a thoughtless remark.

I mean if you want a real response, there were tons of people here who have been talking about 120-130m for ages. Did some people predict 150? Yes. But there were also plenty who didn't, and you buried your head in the sand repeatedly to act like it was gonna be massive.

1 hour ago, excel1 said:

Obviously that $21.6m number is not good. Not flop territory but not good.  It is almost certainly going to come in below the $150m ballpark everyone has been throwing around. We'll see where it ends but this should be pretty alarming for "adult tentpole" films. The market is empty, awareness is huge, brand IP is as good as it gets basically, product quality is excellent. It is tough to say this is saturation, either. Yes, TDK films are iconic to this day, but they are 10 years old, nobody saw JL, BvS was 6 years ago. "Dark" Batman films are what have been popular in the past. 

This should be doing more. Can't help but think that, given the teens/young adults who loved TDK films are now approaching or in mid age, a sizable chunk of this films audience - like THE MATRIX or NO TIME TO DIE - is simply 100% out of the routine of going to movie theaters. No idea how studios intend to combat this, either. Batman has yet to make in-roads with much of the younger movie-goers who flocked to NWH or even UNCHARTED. 

Joe Biden Reaction GIF by Election 2020

• Haha 6
  • Knock It Off 1

Honestly i can't see how this will miss 120M even if Friday ended up being 33.4M like Deadline said, but they always do that lowballing for OW so whatever 

Still early so hopefully walkups will bring it closer to 37-38M to +130M OW

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MrPink said:

I mean if you want a real response, there were tons of people here who have been talking about 120-130m for ages. Did some people predict 150? Yes. But there were also plenty who didn't, and you buried your head in the sand repeatedly to act like it was gonna be massive.

Respectfully to the people of this site, the numbers thrown around in public have been $150m. Coming in at $110-120m is well below those, no spinning it.

1 minute ago, excel1 said:

Coming from the person who claimed WB was considering delaying the release 1 month ago?

They were.  It was stated plainly from NATO leadership on the NATO call and that they would decide in the next 24 hours.  They decided not to delay.  

• Like 2

1 minute ago, excel1 said:

Respectfully to the people of this site, the numbers thrown around in public have been $150m. Coming in at $110-120m is well below those, no spinning it.

It doesn't matter what is thrown around in public. The number on forum has been 100-130 from day 1 I guess and its doing right there.

• Like 2