Eric is Quiet

THE BATMAN WEEKEND THREAD | 134M OW DOM, 258.2M WW | Biggest WB opening since BvS. First non Disney-affiliated 100M OW since 2018

23 minutes ago, Caylu said:

with 15 days before the digital version is released, NWH has a tough task to get next 14 million. 

If they keep it in theaters it might get there (fingers crossed). Encanto added several millions despite D+. It won't hit 100M unless it gets a re-release but it shows that movies that go digital can still chug along in theaters. IMO, it would be stupid not to push NWH to 800M since it's really that close. It will be a little over 790M by the end of this week. C'mon, Disney!

Edited by Valonqar

1 hour ago, Kalo said:

Disney waited with Shang Chi and Eternals 

Disney did not confirm like 10 times that they were going to put the movies on 45 days tho, instead they talked how they will keep it flexible.

“I don’t know if it came directly from Chris Nolan,” Kravitz said. “I think it was probably a casting director of some kind, or a casting director’s assistant…Being a woman of color and being an actor and being told at that time that I wasn’t able to read because of the color of my skin, and the word urban being thrown around like that, that was what was really hard about that moment.”

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Flopped said:

Not a good look for Nolan. Brilliance as a director? The joyless drivel he makes is brilliant? LOL!

But she said it was probably someone from casting, not Nolan 

But obviously twitter doesn't know to read articles before "cancel" somebody

• Like 6

Uncharted dropped less than 50% on its second weekend and Dog was only like like 34%,  Sat and Sun numbers bode well for legs and theres nothing taking away screens or audience for another 2 whole weeks and really 3 since Lost City is more geared towards adult women

1 hour ago, Flopped said:

Not a good look for Nolan. Brilliance as a director? The joyless drivel he makes is brilliant? LOL!

She clearly stated she thinks it wasn't Nolan's fault.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CJohn said:

She clearly stated she thinks it wasn't Nolan's fault.

She said she doesn't know if it came directly from him. Isn't he a control freak who overseas every facet of development and production? You would think studios who shit out the same superhero rebooted every 2 years would be open to diversifying them a bit at least. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Flopped said:

She said she doesn't know if it came directly from him. Isn't he a control freak who overseas every facet of development and production? You would think studios who shit out the same superhero rebooted every 2 years would be open to diversifying them a bit at least. 

If I had to guess, I'd be pretty skeptical he went through every headshot and audition tape for likely the dozens if not hundreds who applied for this bit role. He has casting directors/assistants  for that and they probably filter out a number of candidates, narrow it down, and then present to Nolan for auditions.

Now, it's totally possible Nolan specified the role to be white, and he's obviously continued to use John Papsidera on all his films who probably does have a more direct hand in these things, but no, it's probably not likely he actually saw Zoe and said that. 

Edited by MrPink
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Flopped said:

Let me guess. Bane was too urban too so you whitewashed him 

Edited by grey ghost