Fullbuster

Russia Box Office

On 3/1/2018 at 11:09 AM, juni78ukr said:

That's the general opinion. People are really shocked how such a mediocre movie can gross huge money in US. 

yet they eat up trash like pirates of the Caribbean.... You'll never please everyone

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, cmbbox2390 said:

Is this a glitch or did Black Panther increase much in its second weekend. That seems pretty good considering the gloom from some in this thread.

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/intl/cis/?yr=2018&wk=9&p=.htm

Probably that were preview numbers because on 15-18 February it says it had only 164 screens.

• Thanks 1

Friday estimates

https://www.kinobusiness.com/kassovye_sbory/day/2018/3/09.03.2018/

A Wrinke in Time 61 mln RUB or $1.07 mln, 155 mln RUB or $2.73 mln in 2 days

Black Panther 48 mln RUB or $847k 908 mln RUB or $16 mln

The Commuter 18.4 mln RUB or 324k 38.4 mln RUB or $676k in 2days

Mary and the Witch's Flower is the highest grossing anime in Russia. 48.3 mln RUB or $851k in 9 days. 

• Like 4

How much it have left in the tank? 

Its 17.7 mil estimated which is impressive in spite of the bad wom and more than Homecoming and Civil War but I know its doing relatively well. I have a friend living in Russia and the general consensus was that while many found the film boring and lacking action and they're not the only market who said this, its the final film before Infinity War and the novelty of BP. 

My theory is that the sequel, if it keeps consistent tone and quality and is more "talkative" than other Marvel movies will do worse here and likely in China and a few other Asian markets. 

Hi!

Could you recommend other Russian movie sites other than kinopoisk.ru ? Which is the best?

(for a while the latest Three Heroes animation had the highest admission number with 30m+ moviegoers in their database :) I see it was corrected since then.)

14 hours ago, Belle said:

How much it have left in the tank? 

Its 17.7 mil estimated which is impressive in spite of the bad wom and more than Homecoming and Civil War but I know its doing relatively well. I have a friend living in Russia and the general consensus was that while many found the film boring and lacking action and they're not the only market who said this, its the final film before Infinity War and the novelty of BP. 

My theory is that the sequel, if it keeps consistent tone and quality and is more "talkative" than other Marvel movies will do worse here and likely in China and a few other Asian markets. 

Not much. Will finish with around 1.1 bln RUB or $19.5 mln. About the same total as Captain America: Civil War (1091.1 mln RUB)

3 hours ago, juni78ukr said:

Not much. Will finish with around 1.1 bln RUB or $19.5 mln. About the same total as Captain America: Civil War (1091.1 mln RUB)

Oh my god stupid me I forgot the USD went down a record 10-12 percent in 2017 and like 2 percent by Feb 2018.