The Wild Eric

Weekend Thread (3/25-27) | Asgard 2 says 11.75 Sat for Lost City

23 minutes ago, Flopped said:

It's now fair to say that Sandra Bullock is the biggest female box office star of the last 30+ years. Julia Roberts' peak from 1990-2000 is unmatched but Sandra's longevity gives her the edge. And obviously no one today compares. 

Also that non-theater drop she had..   on stream. Forget the name but was a HUGE success.. 

Why do trades and box office sites drop weekend estimates on Sunday morning? Like why not just wait to drop an estimate on Monday and then get the actuals later in the same day? Just recently we saw them undershoot batman's OW by 6 mil and NWH by 7 mil, imo makes them look dumb

2 minutes ago, BadOlCatSylvester said:

It's in stasis right now. The last major development regarding that one was in January of 2020... And then two months later we all know what happened.

They're now making a Disney+ reboot series starring a young, fresh-faced PoC, which is far more sensible (and no doubt cheaper) to me than trying to get Cage back when he's just going to decline anyway. Also, non-CBM blockbusters have been largely inconsistent as far as returns go as of late, and Disney's original live-action efforts have been failing miserably this past decade. It wouldn't have been financially feasible.

Oh well i still had only the 2020 announcments in the back of my head. Damn Streaming killing everything that one could love about movies. 

No Cage, no National Treasure.

3 minutes ago, BadOlCatSylvester said:

Very nice number for The Lost City. Its modest-for-blockbuster should help it big time.

Hide contents

DC's probably sending an entire truck full of cash to Sandra Bullock's mansion right now if recent Blue Beetle rumours are to be believed.

Sandra already said she's taking a break from acting for a while after TLC 

National Treasure 3 became a casualty of The Lone Ranger killing the already weak relationship between Disney and Bruckheimer following a series of bombs and zero Disney theme park tie-ins that would've kept the franchise alive in the public conscious. Cage becoming too associated with DTV fare may or may not have played a part too. There was an article about it with one of the producers on those movies around the time live-action Mulan (which he was also a producer on) was released.

Why National Treasure 3 Never Happened (collider.com)

• Like 3

The amazing thing about Sandra Bullock's run is that she's had legitimate number one films in each decade. If it was just that she was in demolition man or speed you could say that it's the male co-stars that really anchored those films but once she became a draw after speed she kind of blew up. Going over her filmography through the decades she's had some absolutely monstrous films from The proposal to The blind side to Miss congeniality Ocean's 8 and on and on and on. I'm not really sure if you could say that she is more consistent than Julia Roberts but it would sure be an interesting study. It would be really interesting if they could do a crossover film where both Julia Roberts and Sandra Bullock were in the next Ocean's film.

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, baumer said:

The amazing thing about Sandra Bullock's run is that she's had legitimate number one films in each decade. If it was just that she was in demolition man or speed you could say that it's the male co-stars that really anchored those films but once she became a draw after speed she kind of blew up. Going over her filmography through the decades she's had some absolutely monstrous films from The proposal to The blind side to Miss congeniality Ocean's 8 and on and on and on. I'm not really sure if you could say that she is more consistent than Julia Roberts but it would sure be an interesting study. It would be really interesting if they could do a crossover film where both Julia Roberts and Sandra Bullock were in the next Ocean's film.

It also helps that Sandra Bullock ages like the finest of wines.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, filmlover said:

National Treasure 3 became a casualty of The Lone Ranger killing the already weak relationship between Disney and Bruckheimer following a series of bombs and zero Disney theme park tie-ins that would've kept the franchise alive in the public conscious. Cage becoming too associated with DTV fare may or may not have played a part too. There was an article about it with one of the producers on those movies around the time live-action Mulan (which he was also a producer on) was released.

Why National Treasure 3 Never Happened (collider.com)

I have way too many questions about the Disney+ series based on the still they released. Like why? And "no, seriously, why?"

• ...wtf 2

6 minutes ago, baumer said:

It would be really interesting if they could do a crossover film where both Julia Roberts and Sandra Bullock were in the next Ocean's film.

I kinda imagine a legacy sequel with her, Clooney (yes I know he "died" off screen but that can easily be retconned Ralph Wiggum style), Pitt and Roberts.

Edited by filmnerdjamie
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, grim22 said:

I have way too many questions about the Disney+ series based on the still they released. Like why? And "no, seriously, why?"

Did they turn National Treasure into ... Prison Break?

9 minutes ago, filmnerdjamie said:

I kinda imagine a legacy sequel with her, Clooney (yes I know he "died" off screen but that can easily be retconned Ralph Wiggum style), Pitt and Roberts.

I was half expecting Clooney to show up at the end when Bullock goes to his grave and says "you would have enjoyed it" with him showing up behind her and saying "I did".

It feels like they kept it as open ended as possible so that they can bring Clooney back if needed.

• Like 1