YM!

April 8th-10th Weekend Thread | $72m OW Sonic 2, biggest Paramount opener since 2014, $8.69m OW for AmbuLAnce, $6m+ for EEAAO

Obviously huge for Sonic 2. Tepid for Ambulance but what can you do.

Morbius is coming for a Batman v Superman-esque sub-2.0 multiplier. Hilariously embarrassing.

Everything Everywhere is doing great, it could easily end up among A24's top 5 biggest movies at this point.

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, YourMother said:

Apart from Eternals, I haven’t really been impressed that much visuals (again not saying these movies are bad, I like all of these ones but FFH). Black Panther and Shang-Chi both have really strong production design and some well-executed scenes in the first two acts, however some wonky CGI kind of holds both of them back from the spectacle based third act. No Way Home which again was the best live action Spider-Man movie in fourteen years on second glance looks inferior in visual quality from both Far From Home and The Amazing Spider-Man 2, which looks far better and crisper. Infinity War and Endgame are also solid in terms of visuals and CGI but I’m in the minority that the final battle in Endgame looks too murky. 

Sure, they're not amazing visually, but what I'm saying is the previous MCU films were just as inconsistent with many being bland visually (exhibit A being the first Avengers, despite being really well-done in other ways). 

8 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Obviously huge for Sonic 2. Tepid for Ambulance but what can you do.

Morbius is coming for a Batman v Superman-esque sub-2.0 multiplier. Hilariously embarrassing.

Everything Everywhere is doing great, it could easily end up among A24's top 5 biggest movies at this point.

Man I wish I could see this forum at the time when that second weekend drop hit BVS, the reactions lol

10 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Nah, BvS was basically 2.0x

Morbius is coming for a hellboy-esque  multi… without the excuse of wk3 endgame 👀

Fantastic Four 18% all C- 2.18x (summer)

Jonah Hex 20% all C+ 1.96x

Ghost Rider 2 31% all C+ 2.34x

Green Lantern 45% all B 2.19x (summer)

Max Steel 48% all B 1.75x

Hellboy 48% all audience C 1.82x

Dark Phoenix 56% all (64% verified) B- 2.0x (summer)

BvS 63% all B 1.99x

Edited by Thanos Legion

20 minutes ago, CJohn said:

Sweet jesus at that Morbius number. This is on you Sony. Clearly the appeal was there but the final product is radioactive.

No wonder why The Snyder Bros are fan of this movie. Saying it was going to be more successful than The Batman 🤣