YM!

April 8th-10th Weekend Thread | $72m OW Sonic 2, biggest Paramount opener since 2014, $8.69m OW for AmbuLAnce, $6m+ for EEAAO

3 hours ago, BestPicturePlutoNash said:

So 2 out of like 25 and 1 that hasn’t been released yet and we don’t know what will look like?

Guardians of The Galaxy 1 and 2. Iron Man 3. Black Panther.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

a director like Bay who is known for making frequent use of practical effects and real location shooting is not ever going to make a marvel movie where half of it is filmed in a parking lot

We saw how his practical films... cough transformers cough ninja turtles cough are....

• Like 1
  • Knock It Off 1

The Rock is undoubtely the best Michael Bay movie and also one of the best action movies of the 90s and you all know that since its a commonly accepted fact.

And thats a great number for Sonic. Sathurday should see a huge bump from True Friday for it considering the reception is near universally positive from audiences.

Ambulance ... oof.

Morbius' drop gives me life and i appreciate it.

This newest change to BOT forum's Profile, is this experimental or is it permanent? It is way better to have REPUTATION + Comments shown instead of number of posts -  easier to identify a person if he is regular troll or not.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, john2000 said:

We saw how his practical films... cough transformers cough ninja turtles cough are....

Bay didn’t even direct either Ninja Turtles, but even then the Transformers movies do a better job in the visual department than the MCU as of the past four years and don’t have as much of a rushed look to them.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Disbelief 1

18 hours ago, BruiseCruise said:

Is 380m now out of the question for Batman?

It depends on this and the next weekend. So far, The Batman is still ahead of Revenge of the Sith ($380.27m) at the same time.

https://www.the-numbers.com/movies/custom-comparisons/Batman-The-(2021)/Star-Wars-Ep-III-Revenge-of-the-Sith#tab=day_by_day_comparison

But RotS had the advantage with better week days in July / August. With good holds in April, Batman could still be on track to crack the $380m mark. With his current condition, he probably won't beat The Return of the King ($378.25m).

Edited by Juby

For those who aren't wildly excited about this weekend...

Sonic is poised to be the biggest non-super opener of the Covid era.  It's running neck and neck with Fast 9.  That's INCREDIBLY awesome!

So, perk up and be happy on a beautiful spring weekend (and find a friend with TMobile who has an extra $4 Sonic ticket and go see it, even if you're not a fan...you'll at least be mildly amused and entertained - especially by your audience's reactions)...

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Thanos Legion said:

Tired: biggest post pandemic nonsuperhero open 

Wired: Sonic is a superhero movie

Tired: Sonic is a superhero movie

Wired: Everything is a superhero movie

No but more seriously, Ambulance clearly is not a superhero movie.   

The lighthearted quippy action comedy with super powered blue energy speedster, yellow sidekick, red energy super strength antagonist and robot army though…

• Like 2

With Sonic 2 liking doing a $67m-$72m OW, I do wonder how the rest of the animation (Yes I know Sonic isn’t fully animated) should perform and what could top it. I think Lightyear seems like an opener around $80m-$90m. Minions 2 could also top it as while I do think a decrease is due, Sing 2 if it hadn’t been for Covid could’ve topped the first one. I think Across The Spider Verse also has a good chance but probably more 50m-60m.

1 hour ago, Shanks said:

This newest change to BOT forum's Profile, is this experimental or is it permanent? It is way better to have REPUTATION + Comments shown instead of number of posts -  easier to identify a person if he is regular troll or not.

Yeh I’d bring it back too.