YM!

April 22-24th Weekend thread | Northman conquers $5m Friday, Mr. Wolf’s fine ass and The Bad Guys steal $8m, and Unbearable Talent has an unbearable start at $3m

2 minutes ago, Brainbug the Dinosaur said:

Look at what the weekend thread has become - two Germans discussing their personal history with movies with each other and beeing awake way too late.

And all the others have to read it while probably expecting new numbers :redcapes:

Yeah, well, blame that stupid big spider on the wall (for a German obviously). Would have went to bed two hours ago without it. Needed like 15 minutes to convince myself to remove it.

What new numbers?
 FB3 doing even worse than expected - yeah, I think I could pass that, hoping we see a better than expected weekend in Germany at least and see it getting above 3m admissions in total some day during its run. Like 13.5m, that's less than FB1's second Friday (Black Friday - I know, but still) and might finish below the first 3days of all Harry Potter movies.

Bad Guys Box Office does look kinda interesting though, considering what Universal might do to it and how it will perform an a Saturday, so how heavily it leans towards kids.

And The Northman, I don't really yet know if I will watch it, if it is in cinemas past 4th may I might.

And the question if it's a failure or not was already discussed in here.

And Nicholas Cage - nothing more needs to be said.

12 minutes ago, wildphantom said:

Nice to see Bad Guys doing way better than anybody was predicting a few weeks ago.

Unless I'm mistaken, I feel like it's doing about as well as most people expected a couple weeks ago? At least, I thought it would be $20 mil+.

2 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

Unless I'm mistaken, I feel like it's doing about as well as most people expected a couple weeks ago? At least, I thought it would be $20 mil+.

Tracking suggested 10m-15m but I was also thinking $17m-$25m for it OW.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Brainbug the Dinosaur said:

HgW.gif

If it does a FB3 it would do 100.5m OW 😈

And FB2 was only down 18% on OW not 29% like Fallen Kingdom was.

I am joking, I'd currently say it'd be shocking for it to open below Fallen Kingdom.

Just now, Taruseth said:

If it does a FB3 it would do 100.5m OW 😈

And FB2 was only down 18% on OW not 29% like Fallen Kingdom was.

I am joking, I'd currently say it'd be shocking for it to open below Fallen Kingdom.

Impossible.  Fallen Kingdom didn't have the toxic wom of FB2

4 minutes ago, YourMother said:

I did think it would go lower than my initial expectations too after looking at tracking over the past week, but I guess I shouldn't have underestimated insane original animation IM lol.

6 minutes ago, YourMother said:

17-25M is a massive range.

I am still pissed at all the 30M talk early in this thread. You were all so confident. I was so happy. I even thought Northman would go for 17M or some shit. Fucking hell. I demand JUSTICE.

Will Smith Punch GIF by Xavier Degraux

• Haha 1
  • Sad 2

3 minutes ago, Maggie said:

Impossible.  Fallen Kingdom didn't have the toxic wom of FB2

This is your first step in the right direction.

Now, the next step is to believe that a 210M+ OW will happen.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, CJohn said:

17-25M is a massive range.

I am still pissed at all the 30M talk early in this thread. You were all so confident. I was so happy. I even thought Northman would go for 17M or some shit. Fucking hell. I demand JUSTICE.

Will Smith Punch GIF by Xavier Degraux

I don’t think 30m is happening anymore but who knows maybe Saturday had an insane 60% jump.

32 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

some didn’t. Maybe I didn’t see those that were adamant it would scale $20 million. It’s going to cruise past that. 

the opening is definitely on the higher end of any expectations. Which is a win right now and promising for the coming months 

• Like 1

Just now, filmnerdjamie said:

The power of nostalgia was already used for both previous Jurassic World films? Like Rise of Skywalker, there is only so much milk you can dry from that cow.

Yes, but the old cast returning proper (Goldblum in FK was not more than a tease) is something people are really excited about and it shoudnt be underestimated. No Way Home just showed us how fondly people remember Tobeys Spider-Man, a ton of people have similar feelings for Alan Grant and Ellie Sattler, Malcolm as well ofc.

I could be wrong ofc, maybe im the one who is overestimating that aspect of Dominion. But i choose to believe in Sam Neils glorious hat.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, filmnerdjamie said:

The power of nostalgia was already used for both previous Jurassic World films? Like Rise of Skywalker, there is only so much milk you can dry from that cow.

Dominion is going to be massive.  The last film won't matter.  This isn't anything like Rise of Skywalker, it is more like Force Awakens.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1