YM!

April 22-24th Weekend thread | Northman conquers $5m Friday, Mr. Wolf’s fine ass and The Bad Guys steal $8m, and Unbearable Talent has an unbearable start at $3m

45 minutes ago, PenguinHyphy said:

Y’all are so annoying with that shit. The main ones hemming and hawing about Ambulance, Moonfall, The Suicide Squad etcetera being bombs are trying to be sanctimonious with people pointing out The Northman being a bust. If you just want to circle jerk about how a much of a “masterpiece” a movie that you already convinced yourselves is the best ever before a picture was even put on the internet is, then why the fuck are you on a forum about box office? 

No, we do not give a shit about how Robert Eggers has alleviated your depression because of the future of “auteur” cinema. You can go to Reddit for that. No, your dislike of a project or people involved with that project does not make box office bad and your like of a project or the people involved with that project does not make box office good. 

The fanboys are trying their best to turn these threads into r/box office and drag the discourse into the gutter. Where has all of the maturity that this place used to be known for gone?                                         

Ironic because your meltdown is more pathetic than any discussion so far.

• Like 6

7 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

what maturity did this place used to be known for? is that back in the days when the weekend threads were full of spam and memes and jokes about cjohn being a sex offender?

I mean two weeks ago dude had the hots for a twelve year old hedgehog.

Re: Last Duel, it was in the top 10 rentals on Apple for two straight months (I remembered because I didn't believe it myself), #1 on Max and Hulu the week it debuted, and super duper grain of salt here but Affleck has done interviews remarking on it surpassing at-home expectations. But no one can actually call it a success or failure at home because those numbers don't exist at all! 

Edited by Gopher
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, PenguinHyphy said:

Y’all are so annoying with that shit. The main ones hemming and hawing about Ambulance, Moonfall, The Suicide Squad etcetera being bombs are trying to be sanctimonious with people pointing out The Northman being a bust. If you just want to circle jerk about how a much of a “masterpiece” a movie that you already convinced yourselves is the best ever before a picture was even put on the internet is, then why the fuck are you on a forum about box office? 

No, we do not give a shit about how Robert Eggers has alleviated your depression because of the future of “auteur” cinema. You can go to Reddit for that. No, your dislike of a project or people involved with that project does not make box office bad and your like of a project or the people involved with that project does not make box office good. 

The fanboys are trying their best to turn these threads into r/box office and drag the discourse into the gutter. Where has all of the maturity that this place used to be known for gone?                                         

Been lurking since 2014 with the BKB days, no idea what you're talking about with 'maturity' on here lol. That's no offense to the site, but it's not the masterpiece theater of box office discourse or discussion.

• Like 8

4 minutes ago, watcher1232 said:

Been lurking since 2014 with the BKB days, no idea what you're talking about with 'maturity' on here lol. That's no offense to the site, but it's not the masterpiece theater of box office discourse or discussion.

theres-a-name-ive-not-heard-in-many-year

• Haha 1

Ahh, the glorious shitposting weekend thread days. I was lurking in them for a few years, but actively participated in the shitposting after ive joined. Blessed years.

I especially look back fondly on the Justice League weekend thread. The meltdowns were tasty.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Brainbug the Dinosaur said:

Yes, The Northman is a financial failure.

Yes, compared to the expectations of many of us here, its early numbers seem promising.

These two things dont contradict each other.

Brainbug, this is BOT, there is no room for common sense nuances.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, YourMother said:

Brainbug, this is BOT, there is no room for common sense nuances.

I know. Gotta try sometimes though.

Also, i need to throw out every bit of common sense and sense of realism out of me in preparation for the Jurassic World OW where i will probably go bananas.

Not that I don't enjoy being on BOT these days (although the pandemic has caused us to lose some traffic and users), the site definitely used to feel more like a community around 2015-2017. You never get stuff like The Ballad of John-C-Nah these days. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, DAJK said:

Not that I don't enjoy being on BOT these days (although the pandemic has caused us to lose some traffic and users), the site definitely used to feel more like a community around 2015-2017. You never get stuff like The Ballad of John-C-Nah these days.