EmpireCity

Weekend Thread (6/3-5) | Top Gun 2 drops 29% for 90M. The smallest second weekend drop ever for a 100M+ opener!

27 minutes ago, NCsoft said:

So this thread is definitely on its way to the best performing "second weekend thread' since the pandemic, right?

Yeah, best 2nd weekend until now was probably NWH and that only had 31 pages (the first set of weekdays had 40 though).

Also NWH OWend remains the only one with more than 100 pages, 107 to be exact.

Kinda crazy, considering Solo had 373 pages (wtf?)

Record is probably Jurassic World with 429 pages and then Endgame with 388 and then TDKR with 384 and Catching Fire with 376 (wow) (and then Solo, IW with 362, TA 340, AOU 337, second weekend of Jurassic World had 308 pages and TFA? with 276 that seems really low in comparison) at least from the last couple of years.

Since the pandemic began only very few movies had a weekend thread of over 50 pages (BW 56, Suicide Squad 51, Eternals 56, NWH 107 and now TGM twice).

32 minutes ago, Eric Mitchell said:

Moderation

Yeah, this streaming argument has gone on long enough. We’re all not going to agree with each other, so might as well stop here.

let them fight fighting GIF

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Taruseth said:

To be fair, that was absolutely one of the funniest box office weekend ever. 

Thanks for all the page numbers data!

Edited by NCsoft
  • Like 3

9 minutes ago, Taruseth said:

Yeah, best 2nd weekend until now was probably NWH and that only had 31 pages (the first set of weekdays had 40 though).

Record is probably Jurassic World with 429 pages and then Endgame with 388 and then TDKR with 384 and Catching Fire with 376 (wow) (and then Solo, IW with 362, TA 340, AOU 337, second weekend of Jurassic World had 308 pages and TFA? with 276 that seems really low in comparison) at least from the last couple of years.

Since the pandemic began only very few movies had a weekend thread of over 50 pages (BW 56, Suicide Squad 51, Eternals 56, NWH 107 and now TGM twice).

The number of active members is severaly down. The amount of shit posting between numbers that would carry those threads basically disappeared.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

11 minutes ago, Taruseth said:

I think Shang-Chi was higher than most of these 2021-2022 ones except NWH OW and maybe TGM OW. 

2 minutes ago, CJohn said:

The number of active members is severaly down. The amount of shit posting between numbers that would carry those threads basically disappeared.

Now the question is ... is that positive? Or negative?

Just now, Brainbug the Dinosaur said:

Now the question is ... is that positive? Or negative?

Definitly negative. Those were the days. I loved the shitposting. I was a part of it.

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

24 minutes ago, Taruseth said:

How do you forget the Carbonara thread with 77 pages? (Oh, and also batman OW had 76 pages)

1 hour ago, JohnnyGossamer said:

I can't imagine the 45 day window isn't impacting late legs of big movies. I think it's kinda silly to say otherwise.

For sure. To look at patterns the past couple years and say "no impact" is just obstinacy.

12 minutes ago, Grebacio said:

btw, I'm confident Avatar and Black Panther weekend threads will have 100+ pages

I'm confident I can do 2000 posts in what 4 days? You guys can basically leave it to me

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

I'm confident I can do 2000 posts in what 4 days? You guys can basically leave it to me

Im confident in 3000 next weekend by myself in the case Dominion goes over 200M OW.

Or ca. 4000 if it goes under 160M OW if the Mods have not kicked me out by then.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1