Eric the Minion

WEEKEND THREAD: No one went to the Danger Zone :( 145M JWD, 51.8M TGM, EEAAO reaches 61 DOM

1 minute ago, DAJK said:

Yea... some disturbing scene at the end had an old man get eaten by crows until only his glass eye was left. I don’t remember the context at all other than it scared the living shit outta me.

That old man was the villain, i think he used to control the animals using that glass eye.

8 minutes ago, THUNDER BIRD said:

Disney's Dinosaur made Carnotaurus as a Badass

Jurassic Park movies made it T Rex Punching bag

The Jurassic Park Carno is actually more realistic. It wasn't a huge hulking predator but more of a Mid sized Carnivore that was overshadowed by the mysterious Megaraptorans which were the top predators in its ecosystem like Maip macrothorax.

Edited by Alex SciChannel

31 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

there was also Extreme Dinosaurs which i used to watch as a kid. SUCH an obvious shameless ninja turtles but with dinosaurs ripoff.

No joke, this is the greatest thing I have ever seen in my entire life. Criminal this lasted just one season

Blockbuster ‘RRR’ Is Back, This Time At Arthouses In A New Move For Indian Film

That made it unusual when Variance Films and Potentate Films, in association with Sarigama Cinemas and Rafter Creations, re-released RRR on June 1 for one-night screenings at 123 theaters across the country including arthouse chains. Presales were good so they added additional runs last weekend in NYC and LA (IFC Center and Glendale, a show-a-day weeklong run) and weekend shows at Alamo Drafthouse Austin.

The re-release grossed $12.9k this week on four screens for a cume of $80,374 heading into the weekend. Some 90% to 95% of the audience has been non-Indian.

It expands this weekend to a full screen at the IFC and Laemmle Glendale. In NYC, it adds BAM Rose Cinema (week-long run); Alamo Drafthouse Brooklyn (weekend shows); Nitehawk Williamsburg (weekday show); and Nitehawk Prospect Park (weekday show). In LA, it expands to Laemmle Noho (week-long run) and Alamo Drafthouse DTLA (weekend shows). It adds Alamo Drafthouse Mueller in Austin (weekend shows) as well as the Belcourt Theater in Nashville (weekend shows) and Roxie Film Center in San Francisco (weekday show).

I know everyone is either on JWD or TGM but RRR is providing new layer of diversity to cinemagoing. 

8 minutes ago, titanic2187 said:

I know everyone is either on JWD or TGM but RRR is providing new layer of diversity to cinemagoing. 

RRR is good, but it's not the best, a certain Kolar Gold Field Chapter 2 is better. 

Although RRR has become popular in USA, even Dr Strange writer was sharing it on Twitter. 

Edited by THUNDER BIRD

7 minutes ago, titanic2187 said:

This played in my city (Pittsburgh) months ago. I assume it played in all these cities too. I guess everyone just skipped it then? I caught Baahubali 1 and 2 years ago when they were in their first and, I assume, only run in cinemas in my city. Why's this happening? People didn't see it until Netflix and it's now trending so people want to see it on the big screen?