Eric is Quiet

WEEKEND THREAD: No one went to the Danger Zone :( 145M JWD, 51.8M TGM, EEAAO reaches 61 DOM

1 minute ago, M37 said:

I’m waiting for the ones around me to start adding. Only shows not like 80% full out are like an hour+ from now, and those are starting to fill. Been that way since like 6pm - this thing is rolling, at least in decent-sized markets I’ve spot checked. I’ll be surprised if it’s under ~$63 at this pace 

It would be awesome for JWD to be in the mid 60s and TGM in the mid-to-high teens for their Fridays.

2 minutes ago, upriser7 said:

have you watched 3 Idiots? If not, I'd definitely recommend it. Very entertaining movie and probably my favorite Hindi movie

3 idiots is great. It's just unfortunate that the funniest scene in the movie has aged very very poorly since the punchline is just the word "rape" repeated over and over.

Everything else works well. The 3 idiots directors commentary is worth seeking out, I don't think it's online anywhere, I had bought the DVD a decade ago 

5 minutes ago, Hilpkioy said:

Would box office this weekend surpass the same weekend back in 2019? 

Yes, JWD is going to beat that 2019 Top 10 all on its own ($123.6M). But that was an unusual year, with an early Memorial Day and some underperforming sequels in the 2 weeks after it (Dark Phoenix, Secret Life of Pets 2, MIB international)

51 minutes ago, grim22 said:

There's the obvious Bollywood ones like Sholay, DDLJ, Chak De India, Mother India, Lagaan, Dil Chahta Hai, Dangal, Bajrangi Bhaijaan.

I think not a good idea to suggest older movies, which don't really age well and are mostly out of context for outsiders.

@JohnnyGossamer I think before going into serious Tamil work as @lorddemaxus suggested you should check Bollywood movies, as Tamil movie sort of have regional sensibilities and Bollywood have over the time opened to more universal tones. When you get used to stuff in Bollywood, Tamil movies AND MALAYALAM (the best industry in India) are gonna do well.

Aamir Khan recent films except Thugs of Hindostan are often regarded best by non-Indians. 3 Idiots, Rang De Basanti, PK, Dangal are my picks.

SRK has many romantic movies. The ones I will suggest My Name is Khan, DDLJ (its a classic). 

Bajrangi Bhaijaan (2015).
Drishyam, there are multiple of these, I suggest you watch Hindi one from 2015.
Zindagi Na Milegi Dobara and Jodha Akbar from Hrithik.

Few others Andhadhun, Tummbad. Try Pushpa: The Rise. 

Edited by charlie Jatinder

3 minutes ago, Ozymandias said:

I'm halfway through this waiting for numbers and my god its a masterpiece

A 100M budgeted mega turd. Classic Netflix move. 

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Ozymandias said:

I'm halfway through this waiting for numbers and my god its a masterpiece

5 minutes ago, CJohn said:

A 100M budgeted mega turd. Classic Netflix move. 

1 minute ago, Ozymandias said:

OMG Chris Hemsworth making a cameo as TV salesman in this shit to support the wife.  Mad respect.

chris-hemsworth-interceptor.jpg?quality=

THIS is why Netflix will go down. Throwing $20B worth of shit against the wall every year. 

• Like 6
  • Haha 2

28 minutes ago, M37 said:

I’m waiting for the ones around me to start adding. Only shows not like 80% full out are like an hour+ from now, and those are starting to fill. Been that way since like 6pm - this thing is rolling, at least in decent-sized markets I’ve spot checked. I’ll be surprised if it’s under ~$63 at this pace 

YES! YES! YEEEES!!!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Ozymandias said:

OMG Chris Hemsworth making a cameo as TV salesman in this shit to support the wife.  Mad respect.

chris-hemsworth-interceptor.jpg?quality=

Wait...Chris Hemsworth's wife is an actress? Learn something new every day I guess.

2 minutes ago, Eric the Last Dinosaur said:

Wait...Chris Hemsworth's wife is an actress? Learn something new every day I guess.

She's the female Brazilian cop from Fast Five whom they killed off once they brought back Letty. The makers got Dom to be a dad without having to write pregnancy related plot for Michelle Rodriguez.

• Haha 1