IndustriousAngel

BO Germany/Austria: Deadpool&Wolverine #1

Bullock is a superstar in Germany, I think...

What is FJG about?

Actually, Gravity won't do real blockbuster numbers, 18mil US$ is not bad but if you consider the high 3D share, underwhelming. Will end with less than 1,5mil admissions.

FJG is a fish-out-of-water comedy with school background - a bit like "School of Rock" or "Bad Teacher". Seems to be enourmously popular with teenagers; haven't seen it myself.

Someone said CF is expected to triple HG opening here

Actually, that would be really good (my bet is more like 2.5x) but not sensational since THG was a virtually unknown property in german-speaking countries, with an ok opening and nearly a 5x multiplier. Now that we're in franchise territory, a 3x multiplier might be the goal to achieve for CF.

CF is a bit above 2D tickets (overlength), usually between 10 and 11 US$ (actually the 2D weekend tickets are a bit more expensive but that is countered by discount cards, free tickets and so on) - CF should be somewhere between 11 and 12 US$  per admission.

btw, many theaters have very intransparent pricing policies with a lot of different rebates (family, discount cards, movie days, ladies' nights, men's nights, special events ...) and extra charges for 3D, overlengths, digital projection (yes there are still analog films around). With CF it will be even more difficult because there's a lot of double features with THG, sold as a single ticket - so whatever number we will get after the weekend, it will be part estimate :lol:

Saturday trend:

#1: CF - 1.175k admissions

#2: FJG -  750k (-26%)

#3: DKG - 125k (-9%)

#4: CP  -  80k (-37%)

#5: Thor2 - 75k  (-58%)

#6: CwaCoM2 - 65k (-35%)

#7: Malavita - 65k

#8: BlueJ - 50k  (-29%)

#9: LastV - 50k  (-47%)

#10: EscapeP - 45k (-45%)

Very good for CF and T2; not as good as I hoped for "Malavita" (in fact, a complete disappointment)