Neo

The Revenant | Dec 25 Limited, Jan 8 2016 wide | Opening in select IMAX theaters Jan 14th.

10 minutes ago, Telemachos said:

I don't think so, but it also doesn't have a ton of detractors. It's solid, it's got a great message about humanity, it makes you feel good, and maybe this year that's enough.

Pity. It's not even the best light action sci-fi movie this year.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, damienroc said:

If TFA ends up as "light action" I'm going to be mighty disappointed.

By light action do you mean light-hearted action or light on action? I presumed the former.

Edited by 4815162342
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, The Stingray said:

Wtf? I haven't seen The Martian but it doesn't strike me as the sort of film that would win best picture. Is it really that good?

Its no masterpiece, but its a lot of fun and very well made. Its message basically reads 'despite all the shit going on, mankind can achieve great things when they work together and there is far more good in this world than bad'

Its a nice message and it would be nice for a feel good movie to win best picture.

The way I see it, its better than The Artist, Argo, Birdman, Kings Speech, Hurt Locker, Crash and plenty of other BP winners.

• Like 1

Edelstein is on the Nolan blacklist. I shan't click on it.

The latest batch of commercials paint this as a hero's journey of justified vengeance. Lol...I think audiences are in for a rude surprise.

I do like that they're crediting Hardy after DiCaprio though. You would think the marketing would just go all in on DiCaprio.

33 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

Now I'm picturing Leo frozen in the wilderness clutching a frozen bear head with snotsicles. 

Fuck that.  That bear is a single mother with cubs.  There better not be any bear beheading.

Tele, so do you agree with this? :lol:

Don’t give Tom Hardy all the expository dialogue. Have we not learned that by now?

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

Now I'm picturing Leo frozen in the wilderness clutching a frozen bear head with snotsicles. 

Fuck that.  That bear is a single mother with cubs.  There better not be any bear beheading.

Tele, so do you agree with this? :lol:

Mike D'Angelo@gemko

Don’t give Tom Hardy all the expository dialogue. Have we not learned that by now?

That's one area where D'Angelo is woefully off-base. He didn't expect to actually *understand* any of it, did he? :lol:

• Like 3