Neo

The Revenant | Dec 25 Limited, Jan 8 2016 wide | Opening in select IMAX theaters Jan 14th.

Just now, TMP said:

Screeners for this, Hateful 8, and a ton of other films just got leaked...

You have to wonder why security is so poor for cases like this, especially since the film hasn't even hit limited release yet.

Happens that way when you mail the movies to them.

• Like 1

On 12/20/2015, 1:55:51, TMP said:

Screeners for this, Hateful 8, and a ton of other films just got leaked...

You have to wonder why security is so poor for cases like this, especially since the film hasn't even hit limited release yet.

On 12/20/2015, 2:44:35, Klingo said:

Happens that way when you mail the movies to them.

Nah, the leaks happen at the post houses where they make the dubs.

• Like 3

So anyone here watched the leak yet? What did you think about the movie? And how good was the leak (just in case it doesn't even get released here in my city (which it most likely wouldn't, even Inside out wasn't released here...only major live-action tentpoles mostly do)) ?

Edited by Infernus

40 minutes ago, stuart360 said:

The screener is DVD quality, hense 'DVD Screener'.

isn't that like 480p max? Considering that the main selling point of this film is its aesthetics, i don't think seeing it that way would do it justice. 

Edited by TMP

2 minutes ago, TMP said:

isn't that like 480p max? Considering that the main selling point of this film is it's aesthetics, i don't think seeing it that way would do it justice. 

You know how you watch a DVD on your TV, thats what iyt looks like, the same quality. Same with Hateful 8 on all the other leaks.

• Like 1

On 30/11/2015 10:35:17, WrathOfHan said:

If Fassbender isn't the winner, they'll give it to Damon IMO. Leo is going to challenge Peter O'Toole for the most nominations with no wins.

would you rather not watch it at all and wait 6 months until home video release?

• Like 1

On 11/30/2015, 8:35:17, WrathOfHan said:

If Fassbender isn't the winner, they'll give it to Damon IMO. Leo is going to challenge Peter O'Toole for the most nominations with no wins.

That would be the only area he might challenge O'Toole in.  :P  O'Toole's snubs stand out not only because of the number but because he delivered some of the greatest performances on film and didn't win - Laurence Of Arabia, Beckett, The Lion In Winter, The Stuntman, The Ruling Class etc.

I'm almost hoping he wins regardless of the performance so I don't have to read about the comparison any more.

Edited by TalismanRing

1 hour ago, TMP said:

isn't that like 480p max? Considering that the main selling point of this film is its aesthetics, i don't think seeing it that way would do it justice. 

Of course it wouldn't. Not at all. Its beauty is the one thing even its most ardent haters couldn't deny. Seeing this in the theater has been my one 'movie-wish' since the first trailer. But sometimes you simply don't have any option. 

Edited by Infernus