Fullbuster

Brazil Box Office Thread

26 minutes ago, charlie Jatinder said:

No I mean it did 6.8M on MON, so if it did 22+ on Mon + Tue, that means it did 15+ Tue?

Oh duh, my dumbass brain mistook thursday with tuesday, sorry lol

Yeah possibly. I didn't know it did that on the monday, tuesday looks like it did pretty big. Hey you know what is pretty funny, we have a bonus 13° salary that is given to every worker once a year, and it was given out yesterday. It is kinda hilarious but I think thousands got their extra money and went straight to Avatar lol

• Like 3
  • Astonished 1

21 hours ago, ThatWaluigiDude said:

Avatar 2 made another R$22.3M on monday + tuesday. Total in dollars is at $12.8M.

Update on this, it looks like it was inaccurate, despite this being reported, later that day BOP reported $11.4M until tuesday and now, with wednesday, total is at R$67.7M, 3.2M admissions. Sorry for the trouble.

In any case, it had the second best week behind Doctor Strange and between this weekend and the next it should pass the total from the first movie.

• Like 6

On 12/21/2022 at 2:31 PM, ThatWaluigiDude said:

Oh duh, my dumbass brain mistook thursday with tuesday, sorry lol

Yeah possibly. I didn't know it did that on the monday, tuesday looks like it did pretty big. Hey you know what is pretty funny, we have a bonus 13° salary that is given to every worker once a year, and it was given out yesterday. It is kinda hilarious but I think thousands got their extra money and went straight to Avatar lol

I went to see it again Tuesday night and it was packed in my IMAX screening.

• Like 1

Avatwo made another R$5.7M on thursday, the drop compared to the first thursday is of -19%. If it pulls the legs from the opening weekend, this thursday would led us believe in a +R$32M second weekend, however we have to wait and see, holidays on saturday and sunday is not always good news for brazilian box office.

• Astonished 1

13 hours ago, Danhjpn said:

Why Fri < Thu? 

5 hours ago, ThatWaluigiDude said:

Many cinemas closed down during the afternoon. It will be better to set our expectations realistically for the weekend (and if it turns out for the worst, to not judge the WoM based on this weekend)

Something similar happened for No Way Home on Christmas Weekend too, it's gross was lower than following [Mon-Wed] gross too:

image.png

Edited by Shanks

1 hour ago, charlie Jatinder said:

this doesn't seem right. 24th should be a lot lower and 26th a lot higher.

Because 24th was Eve? I don't know.  It is Good enough that I even got that sheet lol - I was told they were estimates in accordance to FilmB. I can't question it much. Most of these number match even updates provided by Waluigi.

I think Movies in Brazil slowdown on 23rd itself, then go down even more on Eve.

Unlike it, Avatar 2 which has spiked on Tuesday. No Way Home was falling whole week - from Monday onwards it was going down, Even on Tuesday and Wed it had fell so that may have muted the overall fall on eve itself.

This is whole Week: Mon to Sun @ThatWaluigiDude Can you cross check too - 

Mon 20 Dec 18.21 -24.2%     R$120.96
Tue 21 Dec 15.27 -16.1%     R$136.23
Wed 22 Dec 14.12 -7.5% R$47.60 R$150.35 R$150.35
Thu 23 Dec 10.1 -28.5%     R$160.45
Fri 24 Dec 9.11 -9.8%     R$169.56
Sat 25 Dec 5.12 -43.8%     R$174.68
Sun 26 Dec 7.23 41.2% R$31.56   R$181.91
Mon 27 Dec 9.42 30.3%     R$191.33

Edit: I found one Error though - It's year lol.

Edited by Shanks

Unfortunately we don't have dailies here but I suppose they will be closer to Argentina in trend.

On 12/27/2021 at 6:07 PM, charlie Jatinder said:

2nd Thu ~ 103,850
2nd Fri ~7,800

2nd Sat ~34,850

2nd Sun - 153,880

2nd Mon - 98,199

2nd Tue - 98,237
2nd Wed - 77,274

Total - 2,231,980 ($12.28M)

Edited by charlie Jatinder

3 hours ago, Shanks said:

Because 24th was Eve? I don't know.  It is Good enough that I even got that sheet lol - I was told they were estimates in accordance to FilmB. I can't question it much. Most of these number match even updates provided by Waluigi.

I think Movies in Brazil slowdown on 23rd itself, then go down even more on Eve.

Unlike it, Avatar 2 which has spiked on Tuesday. No Way Home was falling whole week - from Monday onwards it was going down, Even on Tuesday and Wed it had fell so that may have muted the overall fall on eve itself.

This is whole Week: Mon to Sun @ThatWaluigiDude Can you cross check too - 

Mon 20 Dec 18.21 -24.2%     R$120.96
Tue 21 Dec 15.27 -16.1%     R$136.23
Wed 22 Dec 14.12 -7.5% R$47.60 R$150.35 R$150.35
Thu 23 Dec 10.1 -28.5%     R$160.45
Fri 24 Dec 9.11 -9.8%     R$169.56
Sat 25 Dec 5.12 -43.8%     R$174.68
Sun 26 Dec 7.23 41.2% R$31.56   R$181.91
Mon 27 Dec 9.42 30.3%     R$191.33

Edit: I found one Error though - It's year lol.

I think the real trend here ain't with the christmas eve itself but with what holiday started on the saturday. Like, last year the eve started on the friday and sort of behaved like this year's 23rd. This year on the other hand, despite being christmas, looking at showtimes here looks like cinemas are working as normal, no close up today.

We will probably be seeying something similar to that list this weekend: small drop on friday, huge impact on saturday, boost on sunday, better monday than the weekend days.

Edited by ThatWaluigiDude

24 minutes ago, ThatWaluigiDude said:

I think the real trend here ain't with the christmas eve itself but with what holiday started on the saturday. Like, last year the eve started on the friday and sort of behaved like this year's 23rd. This year on the other hand, despite being christmas, looking at showtimes here looks like cinemas are working as normal, no close up today.

We will probably be seeying something similar to that list this weekend: small drop on friday, huge impact on saturday, boost on sunday, better monday than the weekend days.

SO above collection for NWH seems right no? I will send ya full few week daily gross of NWH in DM.

36 minutes ago, Shanks said:

SO above collection for NWH seems right no? I will send ya full few week daily gross of NWH in DM.

I took a look, it does seen accurate from what it was reported back in the day. I took a look at the weekly tracking from Ancine and weekly totals also mostly match with small differences.

21 minutes ago, ThatWaluigiDude said:

I took a look, it does seen accurate from what it was reported back in the day. I took a look at the weekly tracking from Ancine and weekly totals also mostly match with small differences.

Weekly is fine but I think 24th and 25th will be a lot lower than what @Shanks have. Argentina trend makes sense to me.