Fullbuster

Brazil Box Office Thread

4 hours ago, cdsacken said:

Unfortunately Brazil total will be way lower. Currency got destroyed 

NWH just did almost 60M with the same currency. With expectional word of mouth it's possible. Let's see how this plays out, but the reception here is excellent.

3 hours ago, Alligator Zatt said:

Watched last night, with a half packed premiere last night. Not sure about the film’s legs around here. The pandemic changed a lot the film going experience here, the most hot topic this month has been well, Netflix Wednesday.

Avatar was never about the opening day and previews shows. All that matters is the word of mouth and the legs...
Let's see how that plays out...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ThatWaluigiDude said:

According to Deadline Avatar 2 is at $3.7M, or R$20M~. If this pulls the same weekend legs as DS2 and Thor L&T we will be talking about around a R$35M+ opening weekend and R$40M+ 5-day. Could or could not be the second best opening of the year depending on how well it goes.

I went yesterday at 3D IMAX and the crowd reaction was extremely positive. All my family from my mother and father sides is planing to see this. I remain very confident about great legs over here.

2 minutes ago, Flamengo81 said:

I went yesterday at 3D IMAX and the crowd reaction was extremely positive. All my family from my mother and father sides is planing to see this. I remain very confident about great legs over here.

personal experience doesn't speak anything.we need the data of WOM here

Edited by Bruce

40 minutes ago, Bruce said:

personal experience doesn't speak anything.we need the data of WOM here

I already said here that social media reactions are extremely positive. There is really nothing to measure the reception here the same way it has for other countries, so the reactions from social media and anecdotal evidences are the only things we havest so suggest the kind of legs. We will have to wait to see the legs unfold...

6 minutes ago, Flamengo81 said:

I already said here that social media reactions are extremely positive. There is really nothing to measure the reception here the same way it has for other countries, so the reactions from social media and anecdotal evidences are the only things we havest so suggest the kind of legs. We will have to wait to see the legs unfold...

Brazil don’t have something like IMDB or CS?

Box office 15-18 december

Movie Box Office (R$)             Change (%) Total (R$)    Admissions total (Est)
1 Avatar: The Way of the Water 40.803.000 --- 45.500.000 1.960.000
2 Black Panther: Wakanda Forever 1.852.000 -67.4% 108.400.000 5.460.000

Strange World

752.000 -49.2% 7.590.000 436.010
4 The Menu 220.000 -69.6% 2.300.000 102.780
5 The Twilight Saga: Eclipse 164.000 --- 52.769.401 6.189.971

Violent Night

154.000 -81% 2.900.000 162.000
7 Black Adam 106.000 -80% 79.900.000 4.340.000
8 Devotion 95.400 -86.6% 1.000.000 48.270
9 Aftersun 66.300 --- 290.000 14.350
10 She Said 41.000 -75.9% 254.000 9.790

Here we have it. Some things worth saying, first, the thursday and saturday legs were pretty good and better than the recent Marvel movies, some were wondering it would pulled Star Wars legs, what would mean an opening of R$25M (lol). Second, it is going hard on premium screens, that is why the % from the admissions to the bo are lower than the rest of the list. Third, depending on the tracker it is the 10th best opening of all time, knocking down BvS (R$40.5M), however, actuals will probably change that.

Next weekend we have the next Twilight, Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets gets re-released AGAIN, we will also see Mascarade and O Amor dá Voltas. It will be interesting to judge Avatar's legs, christmas is on the weekend and usually holidays on the weekends means bad business for box office.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

A animação, dirigida por James Cameron, arrecadou sozinha R$ 40 milhões e arregimentou 1,71 milhão de espectadores no fim de semana. O filme finalmente desbancou "Pantera Negra: Wakanda para Sempre", que liderava a preferência do público há cinco semanas. 

O terceiro lugar ficou com "Mundo Estranho", também distribuído pela Disney. 

Até então, os melhores números dos cinemas no ano haviam sido reportados em maio e julho, quando a renda foi de R$ 67,94 milhões e R$ 54,18 milhões respectivamente.

Lauro Jardim, one of the most known Brazilian reporters made an article about this and called Avatar an animation lmao. Also Avatar 2 is the third biggest box office opening here in Brazil, behind Doctor Strange: Multiverse of Madness (biggest box office of the year and 4th biggest box office Marvel film of all time, thanks also to pricier ticket sales) and Thor: Love and Thunder (second biggest box office this year so far).

Avatar 2 made another R$22.3M on monday + tuesday. Total in dollars is at $12.8M.

I am noticing some even higher demand for the premium screens during these weekdays, the standard screens only really start selling after the premiums are sold out. People are probably taking advantage of the cheaper prices of the weekdays. Not sure if this will affect the weekends.

Edited by ThatWaluigiDude
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, ThatWaluigiDude said:

Avatar 2 made another R$22.3M on monday + thursday. Total in dollars is at $12.8M.

I am noticing some even higher demand for the premium screens during these weekdays, the standard screens only really start selling after the premiums are sold out. People are probably taking advantage of the cheaper prices of the weekdays. Not sure if this will affect the weekends.

Are you saying Tuesday grow to R$15M+?