Eric the Minion

4th of July Weekend | Tiktok propels Minions 2 to 108.5 3-Day OW | TGM 25.5, Elvis 19, JWD 15.6, Black Phone 12.3 | Independence Day Weekend Sale!

4 minutes ago, Eric the Minion said:

There’s a difference between cheering and getting excited over certain moments at a movie and making mosh pits, flashing your phones, and making a catastrophic mess with popcorn and soda on the ground, all the while watching a movie ironically. Nobody has a problem with the respectful people doing the trend, and you lot know that’s not what people are upset over

Seems to me like everyone else in this thread is going with the binary “they’re all terrible for disrupting a kids movie with ironic cheering and wearing suits” so I will gladly continue to roll my eyes at the people who just look for any excuse to go after the youth for having fun at a Minions movie when it’s not like trends when we were kids were any better 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

TGM continues to rise in the ranks for fastest-to benchmarks:

G7cpULO.png

Seems like it can continue to rise and maybe get 8th fasted to $600m title (Avatar currently holds that position with 47 days).

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

Throwing bananas at the screen is not only reckless and makes a mess but someone could get hurt. 

I'd personally makes the little oiks clean up their own mess.

There’s groups doing that too? Teenagers really are the worst. 🙄 

• Knock It Off 2

I am pretty sure most teenagers know the difference between having fun in a screening and ruining it. There is nothing anti-youth about criticizing the ones who don't. If anything, it's more anti-youth to act like teenagers are incapable of behaving like normal human beings. 

• Like 7
  • Disbelief 1

11 minutes ago, Blankments said:

Seems to me like everyone else in this thread is going with the binary “they’re all terrible for disrupting a kids movie with ironic cheering and wearing suits” so I will gladly continue to roll my eyes at the people who just look for any excuse to go after the youth for having fun at a Minions movie when it’s not like trends when we were kids were any better 

throwing bananas and starting moshpits is what people have a problem with, you just wanna be intentionally obtuse and claim people should just ok with shitty unneccesary behavior at a movie because they had do deal with COVID which you know the whole world went through and adults actually had to worry about paying bills and putting food on the table so its not like it was easy for anyone

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Blankments said:

Making unrelated loud noise + singing, standing with phone’s camera flash on in front of theater while a movie’s fucking playing + splashing, throwing beverages and making a mess is very disturbing other fellow audiences and absolutely breaking the ethics of watching movies at theaters. And we’re right to criticize or even kick their ass out from it. So yeah, we’re definitely not just ‘looking for an excuse’ here.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, BruiseCruise said:

throwing bananas and starting moshpits is what people have a problem with, you just wanna be intentionally obtuse and claim people should just ok with shitty unneccesary behavior at a movie because they had do deal with COVID which you know the whole world went through and adults actually had to worry about paying bills and putting food on the table so its not like it was easy for anyone

people keep parading around the one TikTok video where a moshpit happened and the theater banned the suits as if it's happening everywhere. If it was happening everywhere, the suits would be banned everywhere. This is the same level of argument as if a kid does something stupid at the pool, they should close the pool for everyone. The kids who did this aren't allowed to anymore; why should that ruin it for the rest of them?

And wow, very cool for you to explain that to me about adults. The adults who got to have their full childhood had a shitty time during COVID too? I didn't realize that as an adult who has just gone through two years of COVID, thank you for that explanation.

There's a difference between fun and being disruptive. Cinemas don't mind spills and mess if it was an accident but throwing drinks is absolutely not on and it's not pleasant for both staff and audience members. 

• Like 4
  • Astonished 1

1 minute ago, Blankments said:

people keep parading around the one TikTok video where a moshpit happened and the theater banned the suits as if it's happening everywhere. If it was happening everywhere, the suits would be banned everywhere. This is the same level of argument as if a kid does something stupid at the pool, they should close the pool for everyone. The kids who did this aren't allowed to anymore; why should that ruin it for the rest of them?

And wow, very cool for you to explain that to me about adults. The adults who got to have their full childhood had a shitty time during COVID too? I didn't realize that as an adult who has just gone through two years of COVID, thank you for that explanation.

The point was that everyone had a hard time, doesn't mean you get to act like an asshole and its not like every suit wearing minions fan is getting kicked out, its at select groups where they did do shitty things

Anyways we are not gonna agree so lets just agree to disagree

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Blankments said:

COVID isn’t an excuse for inappropriate and rude public behavior. 

and how can you compare a pool to a theater??? A pool is a physical outdoor activity. The theater literally prohibits talking and cellphone usage. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, titanic2187 said:

Sunday estimate show most movies have >10% drop or even close to 20%. Again, this is a weaker hold compared to 2016 with the same calendar configuration. We know families are the key to holiday bump in the past. So your deduction, evidenced by Minion 2' Sunday, it is quite true that families isn't back as pre-pandemic level. They could be horrified by the gas price or non-stop gun violence or lured away by streaming but one thing here, they may never return.   

You can find numerous previous comments from me where I have pointed out that holiday tends/bumps are softer than pre-pandemic comparison. But I’m not sure it’s as simple as “families arent back” as opposed to a broader behavioral/social change around holidays, where having had gathering options limited or removed for ~2 years has made people appreciate and engage in them more, with movies taking more of a backseat  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TwoMisfits said:

Much less family turnout/much more 13-25 turnout leads to a Spiderman Homecoming OW look...

I'd expect the movie to play very similarly with a huge drop in weekend #2 and then really great legs from then on...

How much do you think it can make DOM by end of its run?

5 minutes ago, BestPicturePlutoNash said:

COVID isn’t an excuse for inappropriate and rude public behavior. 

and how can you compare a pool to a theater??? A pool is a physical outdoor activity. The theater literally prohibits talking and cellphone usage. 

Not gonna bother with the first part because I made my point clear.

Do you think the pool has no rules? Let’s say a kid runs at the pool on the diving board, face plants and gets a nose bleed. Should we remove all diving boards from the town because one kid broke the rules?

I missed half of my last year of high school (including graduation) and first year of college because of covid (probably the two most important years for most kids/teens) but I'm not using it as excuse to be an asshole. All these kids just sound insufferable (to be fair, I feel that way about most people my age and slightly younger).

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Blankments said:

Not gonna bother with the first part because I made my point clear.

Do you think the pool has no rules? Let’s say a kid runs at the pool on the diving board, face plants and gets a nose bleed. Should we remove all diving boards from the town because one kid broke the rules?

Stop being a wind up. A kid running and getting a nose bleed is not the same as a group of teens being disruptive.

• Haha 1