EmpireCity

Weekly Thread 7/5/22 - 7/7/22

22 minutes ago, Doffy said:

Common legs for every illumination picture and  also DM franchise has atleast 3x legs.

The original minions had only a 2.9x, but think the holiday boost and generally better reception puts this one at or over a 3x (though perhaps not by much)

1 minute ago, Borobudur said:

Hope that Friday bump won't ruin the party. 

We're right in the thick of Summer now though. And Friday increases are always muted. It should still have probably a 50% or higher increase on Saturday but yeah the Friday increase will definitely be soft

25 minutes ago, Doffy said:

Common legs for every illumination picture and  also DM franchise has atleast 3x legs.

It should be common legs for all animated fare, however the Minions fell short with a 2.90x.  Minions was pretty bad though, so that's not surprising.  It seems like this one has much better WOM, so it should get there this time. 

4 hours ago, setna said:

Thanks a lot for your daily work, i really love these kind of statistics, like some people in this forum.

I don´t have clear what it means Lock on Bogey, can you explain it please?

Lock on Bogey is how much TOP GUN will make if it continues to perform as its doing on a daily basis relative to BLACK PANTHER.

On Tuesday TG grossed 182% what BP did on the same day in its run. So if TG continued to make 182% of BP it would make $690m.

This changes on a daily basis so the average is the more likely figure for what TG will do.

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, CJohn said:

The first one didn't but had way more competition.

First Minions faced Inside Out, Minions 2 has Lightyear. 😄

Upcoming Paws of Fury is going to flop, Superpets will make $100M DOM I guess.

Edited by Mojoguy
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, efialtes76 said:

Elvis-$3M(-23%)

At this rate Elvis could hit 90m-91m by end of this weekend, nearly triple of the opening. Too bad the movie won't be able fully enjoy the quiet August month because of HBO Max. 

16 minutes ago, CaptNathanBrittles said:

Lock on Bogey is how much TOP GUN will make if it continues to perform as its doing on a daily basis relative to BLACK PANTHER.

On Tuesday TG grossed 182% what BP did on the same day in its run. So if TG continued to make 182% of BP it would make $690m.

This changes on a daily basis so the average is the more likely figure for what TG will do.

Nevermind

Edited by M37

2 minutes ago, Doffy said:

1b possible?

I would think 1 billion would be more doable than 400 million domestic. 400 million domestic that's like a 3.8 multiplier or something. Seems high to me.