EmpireCity

Weekly Thread 7/5/22 - 7/7/22

Posting that I saw Minions - it's a crowd pleaser and the teen Gentleminion (or whatever it's called b/c it's so not in my wheelhouse) trend is NOT abating yet.  Review is in the Minions thread, but adding that all the teens tonight had a great time and made for an enjoyable and packed movie for us!

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, EmpireCity said:

TG2 - $4.8m

That sounds great, but I feel like it's gonna end up lower. I've been let down too many times before by early estimates 

Edit: I forgot about AMC Tuesdays being a thing again. Looks like 2019's Tuesday bumps will suddenly materialize again out of seemingly nowhere from now on :hahaha:

Edited by Cheddar Please

2 minutes ago, Borobudur said:

Minion 2 increase from Monday holiday? Seem like AMC Tuesday $5 flat ticket price is working.

Think it’s more the Gentleminons coming back out after taking a bit of a break the last two days 

• Like 1

The real question is… did the reintroduction of the $5 Tuesday deal at AMC convince those who otherwise wouldn’t see these movies to come out for them, or did it just shift viewers from other days to Tuesday. I don’t think we will have the answer to that for a few weeks, but if we some overall strong totals for the next two months buoyed by huge Tuesdays, I’d say it might be the former instead of the latter. 

I would also say Paws of Fury should benefit from this, as some people who wouldn’t have taken their kids in theatres might consider it for the $5 price. 

Also, that Minions Tuesday number is quite strong. It’s final total is going to be huge as it has the rest of summer to play out. 

• Like 3