Eric is Quiet

THOR: LOVE AND THUNDER WEEKEND THREAD | The hammer swings down with 144.2 DOM, 302 WW, the 3rd-biggest 2022 opening | Minions 46.1, TGM 15.5, Elvis 11.2, JWD 8.6

3 minutes ago, BruiseCruise said:

Endgame had more hype going into its release than TFA 

That's debatable. Internationally yes but I don't think domestic it was 

4 minutes ago, baumer said:

Without looking it up I'm pretty sure the phantom menace was the second highest grossing movie of all time after it's run domestically

BOM used to make that very easy to look up. 😒

OK actually the first Star Wars, A New Hope was #2 at the time. It was at $460 million through re-releases. Phantom Menace I think was #3 with about $430 million.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, BruiseCruise said:

Endgame had more hype going into its release than TFA 

Endgame had more hype going into its release compared to any movie ever, Infact EG shouldn't be compared with normal movies.

Highest OW are NWH, IW, SWFA..... EG was an anomaly, nothing will come close. 

• Like 1

6.6 legs is from the 3day, midweek open messing with things somewhat. Almost 4x True OWeek multi though, that is spectacular legs still though not sure just how much is environmental differences vs movie specific. 

In my lifetime, I’d rank these as the 10 movies I believe had the most pre-release hype…

1. Endgame 

2. The Force Awakens

3. The Phantom Menace 

4. No Way Home

5. The Last Jedi 

6. Deathly Hallows Pt 2

7. The Dark Knight 

8. Infinity War 

9. The Dark Knight Rises 

10. Return of the King 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Eric Odinson said:

As an aside, man King Kong '05 is definitely a film that has aged well and deserves a lot more roses that it doesn't get...well, outside of the native stuff. Don't know how a 2005 movie was more racist than a 1933 movie that was already very cringe.

Its always been a very good movie, people just hate on it because its a serious drama epic and not some fast paced monster romp.  And the first hour is great,  I really don't get why people often say that should've been cut.

Edited by Ozymandias
  • Like 1

Just now, grim22 said:

Gnomeo & Juliet (2011)

DOMESTIC (51.5%)

$99,967,670

No one cares about that, though.

They could have had first $400m film bragging rights before letting Fox swoop in.

3 hours ago, Noctis said:

That's because Star Wars is hugely overrated...ANH is as mediocre as they come and the Ewoks in ROTJ rank about as annoying as Jar Jar Binks.

And ESB is decent, but the cum floods that are unleashed by some when discussing it is ludicrous.

TPM and AoTC are utter trash (especially the former), but RoTS is very engaging despite some of the dialogue.

The Last Jedi is the best Star Wars film. 

Fight me, bitches.

:worthy:

• Haha 1

I'd say the ultimate insult to LOVE & THUNDER on this forum is that you lot have been mostly talking about everything and anything *else* for the last 5-10 pages, at least, and even its Spoiler forum here has only barely reached into 5 pages.  

Ho-hum.  Probably a 69+% drop next weekend.  

Edited by Macleod
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Since I started age thingy sort of.

I am 24 but fairly young in Hollywood content. Watched a few of them till 2014 like HP, MI, Twilight, a few of MCU. Started watching Hollywood frequently in 2015-16.

So most 24 yo will have 2007/08 as their movie starting period, mine is around 2015.

I am old for Bollywood. I feel like the new actors coming up are bunch of bojos and will never be 1% as good/big as stars in peak in 2000s.

1 hour ago, baumer said:

That's debatable. Internationally yes but I don't think domestic it was 

Seems pretty clear domestically. TFA was huge but not “breaking rotj adjusted pta” yuge… or even all that close.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Macleod said:

I'd say the ultimate insult to LOVE & THUNDER on this forum is that you lot have been mostly talking about everything and anything *else* for the last 5-10 pages, at least, and even its Spoiler forum here has only barely reached into 5 pages.  

Ho-hum.  Probably a 69+% drop next weekend.  

The film is absolute shit. It deserves that.

• Astonished 2

3 minutes ago, charlie Jatinder said:

I feel like the new actors coming up are bunch of bojos and will never be 1% as good/big as stars in peak in 2000s.

Is this old you speaking, or just the truth? 

If you see the quality of current crop of stars, it's a fact, and I've heard this sentiment from people in real life too, and not from old people, young people who are supposedly the target audience of these young up & coming stars say this too.