charlie Jatinder

11-14 Weekday Thread | Featuring Future BOFFY Award Winning Meltdown of Our Fallen False God

14 minutes ago, baumer said:

So why did I read somewhere, I think it was on here or maybe it was twitter, that said that Top Gun is now Paramount's highest grossing film. Titanic's original release is definitely going to be passed whether it be today or tomorrow but why aren't they including the re-release numbers that got it up to 660? Kind of feels like the cherry picking a little bit.

I don't understand the headlines either. A domestic total is a domestic total, it doesn't matter whether it has been re-released or not. 

• Like 2

Box Office Mojo had hundreds of users and wild threads and none of us had any fucking clue what we were doing. We all just want to make jokes and have circular debates. That's it.

In fact, my hot take is that I sometimes miss not knowing quite as much.

• Like 9

1 hour ago, DAR said:

That one hit home.

What flavour of hot pockets?

36 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

Why didn't this drama pop off in the Thor 4 Weekend Thread?

Woulda hit 100 pages for sure. :jeb!:

That's where it started. Then mods locked the thread and went to bed. Else it would have reached 100, maybe even 200.. lol

Wow! Missed a lot today lol. It’s my 19th wedding anniversary, and hockey free agency opened so I was preoccupied all day. All I can really add to what everyone else has said on the matter is….

good-great.gif

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Astonished 1

OT: So, I decided to use this summer to watch all of the Tom Cruise films that I missed over his career, and little did I know the War of the Worlds on Twitter seems to be way more interesting than the actual movie.  It's probably a good thing that I don't do social media.  This board is one of my few internet social outlets, and that's probably a good thing:).

As for the movie I watched tonight, what a dang letdown.  Such a bad ending and a copout, too which drags it down a full letter grade.  I guess it was engaging on the small scale, so I'd give it a C-, but Oblivion (from a few weeks ago) was world's better.

Edited by TwoMisfits
  • Like 2

21 minutes ago, grim22 said:

It's never been about the numbers, those are good, it's always been about the community.

And even with the numbers it's the buzz and tracking thread that's the real value here. Getting dailies a few hours early is nice but ultimately not as big a deal as what the other users provide with presales tracking.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, krla said:

What flavour of hot pockets?

That's where it started. Then mods locked the thread and went to bed. Else it would have reached 100, maybe even 200.. lol

Pepperoni of course 

• Thanks 1