charlie Jatinder

11-14 Weekday Thread | Featuring Future BOFFY Award Winning Meltdown of Our Fallen False God

5 minutes ago, baumer said:

Well just remember I was born in Montreal so my father was a Habs fan and so are my uncles and some of my cousins as well so there's been plenty of battles over the years lol

Yeah your Habs might have a terrible team right now but at least they took the Leafs out last year in seven games and went to the Stanley Cup finals. My team can't even win a damn round.

And Mike you're one of the nicest guys that's ever graced any of the forums whether it be this or mojo. I can never picture you saying a bad word about anybody.

Thanks baumer. :) It's incredible to reflect on how long we've known each other, so that means something coming from you. One of the things I've always appreciated about you is that even when you have strong opinions, you're receptive to others' opinions and looking at things from a new perspective.

How did I not remember you were born in Montreal? I can imagine the family battles right now - we've definitely had some of those in my family, specifically my sister-in-law's family being Leafs fans, haha.

Peace,

Mike

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TwoMisfits said:

OT: So, I decided to use this summer to watch all of the Tom Cruise films that I missed over his career, and little did I know the War of the Worlds on Twitter seems to be way more interesting than the actual movie.  It's probably a good thing that I don't do social media.  This board is one of my few internet social outlets, and that's probably a good thing:).

As for the movie I watched tonight, what a dang letdown.  Such a bad ending and a copout, too which drags it down a full letter grade.  I guess it was engaging on the small scale, so I'd give it a C-, but Oblivion (from a few weeks ago) was world's better.

War of the Worlds is one of the few movies that put a knot in my throat, in some scene with Tom and Famous Child Actress. I think Titanic (frozen woman in water holding baby) and Dear John (relationship with his father) are the only others I remember getting such an emotion.

18 minutes ago, Claire of Themyscira said:

This is making me wanna give y'all a hell of a show when I have a meltdown.

You all better trust I'm starting a war on here if I ever do.

How big is your baseball bat?

16 minutes ago, Claire of Themyscira said:

I'm gonna fight you.

Best be careful, that sounds like 'advocating violence' lol. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MikeQ said:

Thanks baumer. :) It's incredible to reflect on how long we've known each other, so that means something coming from you. One of the things I've always appreciated about you is that even when you have strong opinions, you're receptive to others' opinions and looking at things from a new perspective.

How did I not remember you were born in Montreal? I can imagine the family battles right now - we've definitely had some of those in my family, specifically my sister-in-law's family being Leafs fans, haha.

Peace,

Mike

I know I come across as maybe too opinionated sometimes and I express myself very energetically for a lack of a better word lol but like you said I do think I have enough humility to admit when I'm wrong and I've been wrong in the past. So thanks for the kind words it is very much appreciated.

It's funny I had a conversation with Tele tonight and Shawn the past weekend and the same sentiment came up. It's amazing how long some of us have known each other. A lot of us go back 15 even 20 years. We've all been part of each other's lives in one way or another for a very long time. So it's always good seeing you here Mike and peace to you my friend.

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, Claire of Themyscira said:

This is making me wanna give y'all a hell of a show when I have a meltdown.

You all better trust I'm starting a war on here if I ever do.

I remember the famous meltdown over Netherlands vs Mexico. Hard to believe that was 8 years ago now.

• Astonished 1

6 minutes ago, harrisonisdead said:

14 tantrum tweets over a span of 9.5 hours and counting. Average of 0.78 likes per tweet. Not a great ROI. We'll see how these stats evolve, maybe this tantrum will have good legs.

This guy is so distasteful I almost don't want to see Top Gun Maverick hit 700M now so he can be wrong. Rooting against a good movie doing something pretty historic is pretty low. Kinda petty I know.  

3 minutes ago, baumer said:

I know I come across as maybe too opinionated sometimes and I express myself very energetically for a lack of a better word lol but like you said I do think I have enough humility to admit when I'm wrong and I've been wrong in the past. So thanks for the kind words it is very much appreciated.

It's funny I had a conversation with Tele tonight and Shawn the past weekend and the same sentiment came up. It's amazing how long some of us have known each other. A lot of us go back 15 even 20 years. We've all been part of each other's lives in one way or another for a very long time. So it's always good seeing you here Mike and peace to you my friend.

Right back at you, baumer. And I know, eh? I started following the box office on a daily basis with Fellowship of the Ring in 2001, and the BOM forums were up and running not long after that. So it's been 20+ years for me that I've known and kept in touch with some folks... just wild.

Peace,

Mike

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, baumer said:

I don't know if you remember.

I beat your ass in Box Office Survivor back on Box Office Mojo. We were the final two and had been aligned I believe all season long.

We ran the game!

P.S. You're still a bit annoying though, but I'll break the animosity for a moment to be sincere. ❤️

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, ZeeSoh said:

@Claire of Themyscira Hope you are around when @Cap runs another Survivor game. We had a lot of fun last time 😘

Can we actually fuck this time though?

Cause if I'm gonna make it basically to the end just to lose, I better have some fun, at least.

Like, we need some real showmances to spice things up.

• Haha 2
  • Astonished 1

As someone who only found BOT in 2019, didn't join until 2021, and does not post that often, this last 24hrs has been very interesting.  It's been really great to see the self-called "old timers" posting, discussing, commenting, interacting and reminiscing. 

Great Gatsby Movie GIF by Sony

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Claire of Themyscira said:

Can we actually fuck this time though?

Cause if I'm gonna make it basically to the end just to lose, I better have some fun, at least.

Like, we need some real showmances to spice things up.

I tried to save you but @Legion and Thunder plotted your downfall iirc. 

We should totally be an in game couple next time (unless cap puts us in separate teams for drama)

1 minute ago, ZeeSoh said:

I tried to save you but @Legion and Thunder plotted your downfall iirc. 

We should totally be an in game couple next time (unless cap puts us in separate teams for drama)

Y'all bitches wanted me GONE since the start.

I remember having to pull numbers early on cause a couple people planned to vote for me. The last four weeks before my elimination, I was consistently targeted...I was fighting for my LIFE. It was very serious.

• Like 1