grim22

Weekend thread 7/15-7/17 | Actuals: Thor 4 46.63M, Minions 26.83, Crawdads 17.25, TGM 12.26, Elvis 8, Paws of Fury 6.31

8 minutes ago, Cmasterclay said:

The Gray Man makes me almost as cynical about movies as anything the MCU/Lightyear gave us this summer. I am stunned Gosling did a total stinker. Guy has had high standards tbh

At least people rejected lightyear.

9 minutes ago, Cmasterclay said:

The Gray Man makes me almost as cynical about movies as anything the MCU/Lightyear gave us this summer. I am stunned Gosling did a total stinker. Guy has had high standards tbh

Russos are as good as signed, sealed, delivered for "Secret Marvel Project."  I like these guys a lot, I've had the pleasure to meet them, but everything they've done since has earned very mixed reactions from their respective/targeted audiences.  All that remains are negotiating points/first dollar gross!   

Just now, Macleod said:

Russos are as good as signed, sealed, delivered for "Secret Marvel Project."  I like these guys a lot, I've had the pleasure to meet them, but everything they've done since has earned very mixed reactions from their respective/targeted audiences.  All that remains are negotiating points/first dollar gross!   

Seems like they're only good at directing Marvel movies.

17 minutes ago, Cmasterclay said:

The Gray Man has been a package with Gosling, Evans and The Russos since 2014 at least. It's mentioned in the Sony leaks along with Barbie and Ghostbusters

It isn't even the Barbie that's happening now, it's the Amy Schumer version being referenced

EVERY COMPANY NEEDS TENTPOLES. 3-4 A YEAR IS OPTIMUM..... IN THE LAST COUPLE MONTHS WE HAVE BOUGHT BARBIE,* ***THE GREY MAN WITH THE RUSSO BROTHERS,*** *PUT PAUL FEIG ON GHOSTBUSTERS...THIS ARE THE KIND OF MOVES WE NEED TO CONTINUE TO MAKE

Edited by grim22

50 minutes ago, AnDr3s said:

what happend with empirecity?

He got suspended for being a jerk and then had a giant flaming meltdown on Twitter. I knew he was a narcissist blowhard but his complete lack of self-reflection is amazing — it’s like watching a monkey throw his own poop at a wall. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 14
  • Astonished 1

18 minutes ago, Cmasterclay said:

Guessing he wanted to do a safe hit after a couple of flops in a row.

1 minute ago, Plain Old Tele said:

He got suspended for being a jerk and then had a giant flaming meltdown on Twitter. I knew he was a narcissist blowhard but his complete lack of self-reflection is amazing — it’s like watching a monkey throw his own poop at a wall. 

C'mon Tele, that's uncalled for. This is really beneath you, I can't believe you would stoop so low to make this comparison.

Monkeys have more self awareness.

• Like 1
  • Haha 10
  • Astonished 1

12 minutes ago, Deep Wang said:

Yo!  Has anyone else watched the first episode of The Rehearsal yet??  

I'm floored.  I love Nathan For You, but this is unreal.  I don't know how they can possibly top this one, but I can't wait to see what is next.

Check the HBO Max thread. Insane show. Now trying to get my friends to watch this show (who are always skeptical of my recommendations eventhough they always like what I recommend).

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, AnDr3s said:

you would need 2.5 lighyear's to outgross demon slayer

is lightyear the biggest animation flop?

probably treasure planet is disney's biggest bomb. if you were gonna point to ONE movie that killed 2D animation in mainstream American cinema i think that's the one, so tough to top.

15 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

probably treasure planet is disney's biggest bomb. if you were gonna point to ONE movie that killed 2D animation in mainstream American cinema i think that's the one, so tough to top.

Mars Needs Moms is the biggest one i think

Yeah, Treasure Planet is hard to beat. The fact it wasn't even the #1 Disney movie of Thanksgiving weekend (that was The Santa Clause 2, in its fifth frame) alone makes it a bigger embarrassment than The Black Cauldron could ever be. Lilo & Stitch being a hit in between the epic bombings of Atlantis and that movie wasn't enough to erase the stench of failure that caused Disney to abandon 2D animation beyond the two movies (and to think the last of those was an animated vehicle for Roseanne Barr...) that were left in the pipeline.