Issac Newton

Weekend - 08/05-08/07 | Actuals: Bullet Train 30, Super Pets 11, Nope 8.5, Thor 7.7, Minions 7.1 | TGM sinks Titanic! 7th-biggest film DOM | Bodies Bodies Bodies earns 37.8K PTA

32 minutes ago, BestPicturePlutoNash said:

ET is playing at IMAX this weekend. If Top Gun gets a re-release this weekend for whatever reason, it would have to split showtimes (so the puny 1st showing of day and final late night showing)

TGM is so adult and senior skewing that its first afternoon showing almost always outgrosses its last evening showing at my local theaters. 

Edited by LonePirate
  • Like 1

I hope Willem Defoe at some point gets the full force of the recognition he deserves.

And by that is recognised as Top 10 all time. 

His top tier stands up against any of the "greats" and he has more strength in depth and good performances in bad films than most of them. And has shown, as discussed here, that he can mix it up in megabudget blockbusters and stand toe to toe with the biggest stars of the day with aplomb.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Amylee said:

although the 58-year-old Brad Pitt may not be the draw of his peer, the 60-year-old Tom Cruise"

From indiewire😌

Pretty sure a Bullet Train starring Tom Cruise will mostly open similar.

Also let me say it. Nobody likes you here. Nobody wants you here. So stop being a shameless person and just leave. No need to make alts again and again.

Edited by charlie Jatinder
  • Like 6

18 hours ago, CaptNathanBrittles said:

Until INDIANA JONES 5 comes out... and Ford can add the 70s to that list.

If Dustin Hoffman can score a 100m grosser this decade, he'll have it from the 60s. 

43 minutes ago, krla said:

If Dustin Hoffman can score a 100m grosser this decade, he'll have it from the 60s. 

Dustin Hoffman did have some movies that he was in, which were really big box office hits in the past decades or so.

Edited by MrFanaticGuy34

Saw Bullet Train yesterday. The August release date is probably the perfect one for it as it should draw steady business for a few weeks due to the star power involved. There is nothing really objectionable in the film even if the action is absurd and over-stylized at times. I did have a “this would never happen in the real world” gripe near the end of the film but it’s nothing I couldn’t ignore for the film. Overall, it has its moments and I would say the critics and audience scores are right on the money. It is certainly a better film than Thor: Love and Thunder.

Edited by LonePirate

35 minutes ago, MrFanaticGuy34 said:

Dustin Hoffman did have some movies that he was in, which were really big box office hits in the past decades or so.

Time for a Kramer v Kramer legacy sequel. 

That would also be 70-80-90-00-10-20 for Meryl Streep, I believe...

Actually, no, was thinking WW for some of hers. Scratch that, she's a flop.

Edited by reddevil19
  • Like 1