Eric the Minion

D23 Expo 2022 Discussion Thread | Friday Schedule (all times PST): Marvel/Lucasfilm/20th (10-12), Disney Branded Television (4-5:45) | Disney Adults Unite!

In terms of non-Marvel news (because that’s probably going to be treated as the main event) I’m expecting a title reveal for Indy 5, an official announcement for Frozen III and probably some more news about that new Planet of the Apes movie. I’m assuming they’ll wait to attach the trailer for The Way of Water with the re-release of the first movie. 

Just now, Lucas said:

Pretty curious to check this out now lol, but I'm in the middle of the new Pinocchio - man Disney's on fire today.

I mean it's mainly just Shining and Haunted Mansion parody jokes, but it's still cute. Owen Wilson's also getting paid, so that's nice.

1 minute ago, Eric-occhio said:

I mean it's mainly just Shining and Haunted Mansion parody jokes, but it's still cute. Owen Wilson's also getting paid, so that's nice.

I just survived an influencer joke rapidly followed by a Chris Pine joke after already having gotten Sopranos spoiled for me by a joke in She-Hulk. No Shining and Haunted Mansion jokes can phase me now! But yeah it's nice to see Owen Wilson (and Tom Hanks) get paid.

• ...wtf 1

Jordan Maison, who has been hit and miss recently, is hinting that something might be going down in presumably SW land.

That was yesterday.  Now he's trying to psych himself up to walk out on that ledge:

===

The thing about Jordan Maison is... He doesn't run around willy nilly with "scoops".  It's really not his day-job as it were.  He's also very hesitant to run with things (he's commented before on his nervousness when first going out on a limb when it comes to scoops/leaks), though he will hint at things on Twitter and agree-too-often with other leakers that turn out to be bogus.

His biggest problem, really, IMO is that he doesn't always have the best of sources, outside of the trailer sphere.  He has broken some pretty big shit long before others though.  He's gotten other stuff that's only partially correct or been flat out wrong on.

Still... He does seem to be hinting at something.  If I had to guess, it might be game related as that's tomorrow.

(only real reason I'm posting this is that this thread is dead as a doornail and to pre-establish that if he does have a scooper leak, it has a decent chance of being on-point, especially if he puts his website's name behind it)

I honestly hope there’s something substantial they announce for the parks and not just them whiffle-waffling for two hours like they did last time. 

But most of me thinks they’re going to keep coasting on a half-finished/half-unrealized Epcot refurb and a never-completed Tron for a while longer, even as the spectre of Epic Universe keeps looming.

Edited by cookie

Free stuff! Unfortunately the Nat Geo digital 6 months is only for the US and Canada.

Only other thing that is global is the ShopDisney discount which there is a version of that locally, can't speak for other regions. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Eric-occhio said:

Rumors ofc, but OMG WHAAAAAA

Hader and Kaling aren't coming back, it seems.

• Like 1

I figured Pixar would come crawling back to sequels after the rough couple of years they've had. Kind of surprised Hader and Kaling are out though. I haven't heard of anything problematic regarding them, so maybe they see themselves above kids' films now?

I don't know if Belloni talks about anything else, but getting an Inside Out sequel before any Encanto followup is kind of crazy.

5 minutes ago, BadOlCatSylvester said:

I figured Pixar would come crawling back to sequels after the rough couple of years they've had. Kind of surprised Hader and Kaling are out though. I haven't heard of anything problematic regarding them, so maybe they see themselves above kids' films now?

I don't know if Belloni talks about anything else, but getting an Inside Out sequel before any Encanto followup is kind of crazy.

I mean if the IO sequel has been in development for longer than like eight months then naturally it would pre-date any Encanto follow-up. It took them years to get around to making a sequel to Frozen of all films.

Edited by cookie
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, BadOlCatSylvester said:

Kind of surprised Hader and Kaling are out though. I haven't heard of anything problematic regarding them, so maybe they see themselves above kids' films now?

More likely (and again, this is assuming this sequel really is happening and the rumors of them not coming back are true), they're just busy with other commitments and couldn't fit it in their schedules.

14 minutes ago, cookie said:

I mean if the IO sequel has been in development for longer than like eight months then naturally it would pre-date any Encanto follow-up. It took them years to get around to making a sequel to Frozen of all films.

Yeah, I imagine any Encanto sequel is at least a decade away, knowing the main Disney studio. Disney Television Animation is no longer doing spinoffs of the movies so a TV series isn't happening.

1 hour ago, Potiki said:

Free stuff! Unfortunately the Nat Geo digital 6 months is only for the US and Canada.

Only other thing that is global is the ShopDisney discount which there is a version of that locally, can't speak for other regions. 

Nearest AMC is over 60 miles away from me, so no free special screenings for me. :sadfleck:

(also, fuck Uber)

• Sad 1