YM!

Inside Out 2 | June 14, 2024 | Pixar does it again!

On 5/17/2024 at 3:19 PM, AniNate said:

Dory is the best non Toy Story sequel ofc but Pixar is always gonna be "returning to form" with any good movie they put out for the foreseeable future. The Internet narrative is they suck now so they're always going to be having to prove that this time they didn't suck until they can get a real consistent acclaim and box office success trend going again.

Truth is Pixar has not had the high level of quality they had from roughly 1999 to 2010 for some time.. When they were doing one film a year it was easy to maintain  a high level of qualiy,Yes they had ups and downs ..."Cars" was cosnidered to be step down from  "monsters" "Dory" and "The Incredibles" but still it was not a bad film..

It was only when they cranked up the production and begun truning out more then one film a year the quality begun to slip, 

I think "Pixar sucks" is a bit much.....but then internet opinion, particulary among geeks has always been full of hypeerbole and binary.....but I think it is clear to all but the hard core Pixar fans that is is not the Rolls Royce Quality Studio they once were.

Now the quality of their films is all over the place....like other studios.

And I think even a weak Pixar films is generally better then the Illuminaton product.

15 hours ago, dudalb said:

Truth is Pixar has not had the high level of quality they had from roughly 1999 to 2010 for some time.. When they were doing one film a year it was easy to maintain  a high level of qualiy,Yes they had ups and downs ..."Cars" was cosnidered to be step down from  "monsters" "Dory" and "The Incredibles" but still it was not a bad film..

It was only when they cranked up the production and begun truning out more then one film a year the quality begun to slip, 

I think "Pixar sucks" is a bit much.....but then internet opinion, particulary among geeks has always been full of hypeerbole and binary.....but I think it is clear to all but the hard core Pixar fans that is is not the Rolls Royce Quality Studio they once were.

Now the quality of their films is all over the place....like other studios.

And I think even a weak Pixar films is generally better then the Illuminaton product.

Pixar definitely peaked in the 00s but I personally felt like they were still killing it in the 10s as well. I found all their sequels great outside of cars and maybe monsters U. They had a few misfires like good dinosaur but Coco and inside out are among their best films and absolutely can compare to their OG classics.

I actually feel a little more disappointed with them since the COVID era. Onward, soul, turning red, elemental, and Luca were all very solid competent films but each felt very forgettable to me. Outside of lightyear they've maybe even been MORE solid so far then in the 2010s era, but they just haven't had any "highs" in a while. Hopefully inside out 2 can change that.

2 hours ago, Killimano3 said:

Pixar definitely peaked in the 00s but I personally felt like they were still killing it in the 10s as well. I found all their sequels great outside of cars and maybe monsters U. They had a few misfires like good dinosaur but Coco and inside out are among their best films and absolutely can compare to their OG classics.

I actually feel a little more disappointed with them since the COVID era. Onward, soul, turning red, elemental, and Luca were all very solid competent films but each felt very forgettable to me. Outside of lightyear they've maybe even been MORE solid so far then in the 2010s era, but they just haven't had any "highs" in a while. Hopefully inside out 2 can change that.

I never was too attached to the Pixar brand until lately. I knew they made good movies, and their 00s output was nearly unassailable, though. But Pixar was never going to stay the same. Lasseter became more of a manager, and then he was fired. Andrew Stanton and Brad Bird seem more concerned about making live-action material. Pete Docter is the manager now and he doesn't have plans to direct a movie in the future.

So that's the reason why Pixar isn't what it used to be. I'm enthusiastic for their new projects though, especially because I really liked Turning Red. I even really liked Elemental, though I know it's flawed. I'm curious mostly about Elio and whatever Domee Shi comes up with next.

6 hours ago, cannastop said:

I never was too attached to the Pixar brand until lately. I knew they made good movies, and their 00s output was nearly unassailable, though. But Pixar was never going to stay the same. Lasseter became more of a manager, and then he was fired. Andrew Stanton and Brad Bird seem more concerned about making live-action material. Pete Docter is the manager now and he doesn't have plans to direct a movie in the future.

So that's the reason why Pixar isn't what it used to be. I'm enthusiastic for their new projects though, especially because I really liked Turning Red. I even really liked Elemental, though I know it's flawed. I'm curious mostly about Elio and whatever Domee Shi comes up with next.

You are probably don't remember the years from 1999 when Toy Story 2 came out until roughly 2011 when Pixar seems to bring out nothing but hits, both fininacially and , for the most part critically ."Cars" was considered a step down but even it was a hit at the box office, and almost all the other Pixar films in this period were high quality. They were aslo bringing out just one film a year, and did not have many of the side projects going like they do now. That is when Pixar got it's '"Rolls Royce" image, and why Eisner's vendetta against Pixar and his apparent willingness to let them go was a major factor in forcing him out as CEO. The stockholders basically had to choose between Eisner and Pixar, and they chose Pixar.

2 minutes ago, dudalb said:

You are probably don't remember the years from 1999 when Toy Story 2 came out until roughly 2011 when Pixar seems to bring out nothing but hits, both fininacially and , for the most part critically ."Cars" was considered a step down but even it was a hit at the box office, and almost all the other Pixar films in this period were high quality. They were aslo bringing out just one film a year, and did not have many of the side projects going like they do now. That is when Pixar got it's '"Rolls Royce" image, and why Eisner's vendetta against Pixar and his apparent willingness to let them go was a major factor in forcing him out as CEO. The stockholders basically had to choose between Eisner and Pixar, and they chose Pixar.

I never said I wasn't around for that time lol. It was my childhood when Pixar was in it's golden age. I saw Toy Story 2 in theaters. I was kind of a cynical teen when WALL-E and Up came out so I didn't appreciate them as much as I could have.

Personally feels some of you guys had to high expectations from the get go. Never understood that personally. Always felt like a high under 100’s opening. Which is why I predicted 75M

3 hours ago, JustLurking said:

That would be a really bad opening for this.

How so? That would be the biggest Pixar opening since Toy Story 4.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, kayumanggi said:
  Reveal hidden contents

If they needed a gaming youtuber cameo (idk why they needed a gaming youtuber cameo) could they maybe have picked a gaming youtuber that doesn't have a monotone voice?

2 hours ago, Avatree said:

How so? That would be the biggest Pixar opening since Toy Story 4.

If the sequel of a beloved classic can't even outopen the original film, I simply don't know what there is to be happy about.

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, JustLurking said:

If the sequel of a beloved classic can't even outopen the original film, I simply don't know what there is to be happy about.

Yeah, below 90M would be horrible. I did not expect this movie to underperform this badly but it looks like it's gonna happen. The spin is crazy. 

Edited by HummingLemon496