Eric Prime

Weekend Thread (10/14-16) | Weekend Estimates: Halloween Ends 40.05, Smile 12.6, Lyle 7.3, Woman King 3.7, Amsterdam 2.8

30 minutes ago, Eric Strode said:

Learned today there are reports of people passing out and vomiting after watching this because it's just scary. I mean I guess there's precedence for this, with the first Exorcist and all, but this sounds a wee bit fishy. But I guess any publicity is good publicity

Not scary. It is just insanely violent to the point of demency. I have seen a clip and yeah, way too much for me.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Cruel Summer said:

lol at killing it when it didnt even make 1m.... sure.

Weird how you are neglecting the film is in sub-1000 theaters and increased from last weekend despite losing a hundred theaters. But hey, you do you I guess.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Eric Strode said:

Learned today there are reports of people passing out and vomiting after watching this because it's just scary. I mean I guess there's precedence for this, with the first Exorcist and all, but this sounds a wee bit fishy. But I guess any publicity is good publicity

I seen some pictures of vomit and paramedics lol, Wrong Turn did that too I’m sure. 

1 hour ago, ringedmortality said:

Do I have to watch Terrifier 1 in order to watch Terrifier 2

I haven’t seen Terrifier 2, because I didn’t like the first film, too cheap for me (I don’t mean cheap in budget terms, but looks like a YouTube fan film or something). It’s only 80mins though.

Terrifier 2 is 2hrs18mins, which seems ridiculous.  

• Like 1

Wouldn't be surprised if Smile increased slightly with actuals again. Strong Sunday across the board.

A few theatres I looked at had drops this weekend of only 2% or so from last weekend, even with Halloween opening. 2!!!!! Others had slightly steeper drops, but I could hardly find anything over 20% drop from last weekend.

Maybe this is just overperforming on the coast? Slasher horror like Halloween is never as strong here, but Smile just feels like a buzzy hit. Even The Black Phone didn't have a great run in my area during the summer.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Eric Strode said:

Weird how you are neglecting the film is in sub-1000 theaters and increased from last weekend despite losing a hundred theaters. But hey, you do you I guess.

i dont care. killing it would have been barbarian, not some movie who didnt cross 1m with 700 theatres lol

14 hours ago, CJohn said:

Not scary. It is just insanely violent to the point of demency. I have seen a clip and yeah, way too much for me.

I'm even hesitant about seeing the second one. I saw the original and there's one scene in it that was even just a bit too much for me. I mean I love Gore in horror movies when it's done right but when it gets a little bit extreme, like medieval torture kind of stuff, it makes me a little bit hesitant to watch the sequel.

13 hours ago, Krissykins said:

I seen some pictures of vomit and paramedics lol, Wrong Turn did that too I’m sure. 

I haven’t seen Terrifier 2, because I didn’t like the first film, too cheap for me (I don’t mean cheap in budget terms, but looks like a YouTube fan film or something). It’s only 80mins though.

Terrifier 2 is 2hrs18mins, which seems ridiculous.  

So you remember that one really disgustingly violent scene in the original, right? And that is the scene that is making me hesitant about seeing the second one. Now you're telling me that it's over 2 hours long? I don't think I can watch torture for 2 hours LOL

• Like 1

1 hour ago, motionpic05 said:

Paramount is on a roll.

Scream, Jackass, Lost City, Sonic, Top Gun,Smile

That's just so phenomenal. 

Paws of Fury is really their only flop of the year and even that was probably worthwhile eventually (once it got to P+)

And Paramount only spent $10m on Paws of Fury, someone else paid for the budget. 

8 minutes ago, Boxofficerules said:

What’s the highest box office gross for an unrated movie?

Probably a Chinese or Indian movie. They don't get rated by the MPAA. They just release as-is from China or India due to the distributors being small and able to specifically target their audience.