Eric Furiosa

Weekend Thread (10/14-16) | Weekend Estimates: Halloween Ends 40.05, Smile 12.6, Lyle 7.3, Woman King 3.7, Amsterdam 2.8

12 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

Bring on Black Adam, Wakanda Forever and Avatar.

hopefully the weekend thread for black panther 2 really pops off. we might even get to 20 pages.

Edited by CoolioD1
  • Haha 1
  • Astonished 2

10 minutes ago, BadOlCatSylvester said:

The sins of the father have been paid for. Onto streaming hell you go, Michael! Say hi to Pinhead for me!

Do you realise that’s the third biggest slasher film opening weekend…of all time? And the top 3 are this trilogy. 

Looks like it’ll beat Kills internationally then. Kills opened in a bad point for covid. Up +35% over Kills in the UK and only -20% on the 2018 film. 

Edited by Krissykins
  • Like 2

I'm not saying it'll have an amazing drop, but I don't see 80% for its second weekend at all? Like the only comparable was the 2009 Friday the 13th, which dealt with the 13th on its Friday and to an extent Valentine's Day the next day. That's some big holidays to help boost the film's opening, and it's not like Halloween will be over tomorrow. There's sure to be some people who will visit the film next week to get into the Halloween spirit. A drop in the 70s makes more sense.

• Like 1