Eric the Fall Guy

Weekend Thread (10/14-16) | Weekend Estimates: Halloween Ends 40.05, Smile 12.6, Lyle 7.3, Woman King 3.7, Amsterdam 2.8

3 hours ago, redfirebird2008 said:

Watched Halloween Ends tonight on Peacock. Watched Halloween Kills the other day on HBO. Both are terrible movies. I hope John Carpenter is making good royalties on all the bad sequels/remakes that have been made in the last 30+ years. All he was trying to do with the original movie was scare people. 

You have Kills on HBO Max in the states?

29 minutes ago, baumer said:

Halloween Ends is the worst in the series, and I didn't think anything could be worse than Zombie's Halloween 2.

Halloween 5 will always be the worst for me. Ends is bottom three with H2, but 5 is always, always dead last. 

I would rather watch Busta rhymes karate kid Michael Myers on a loop for 24 hours and then for the next 24 hours be forced to watch Rob zombie's Halloween part 2 complete with unicorns and Rob zombie's wife in a white satin dress than to ever be subjected to watch Halloween ends ever again.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1
  • Knock It Off 1

50% of OW on Fri (including previews) seems a bit harsh, even with poor WOM. Expecting more like $20/$42-43M, but we’ll see 

16 minutes ago, M37 said:

50% of OW on Fri (including previews) seems a bit harsh, even with poor WOM. Expecting more like $20/$42-43M, but we’ll see 

Kills was 46% with much same release model, less preview loading (~21% vs 27%), and marginally better reception, so 49% here wouldn’t be much different.    

Needs to miss 40 to qualify as a truly dramatic SatSun crash ;) 

Edited by Legion By Night

I made the mistake to watch Halloween Ends.

A lot of you know that im extremely forgiving for films and franchises i like, but this film was nothing but a HUGE TURD and i didnt appreciate it.

I agree with @baumer this is probably the worst Halloween movie. Not from a technical/acting standpoint, but from an enjoyment one for me personally.

• Thanks 1
  • Astonished 1

Halloween Ends isn't good but I can't claim that I found it to be an abomination or anything. Or maybe I'm just happy I didn't have to pay anything to see it since I watched it on my TV heh.

Smile looking at a 37% drop for the weekend according to Deadline despite the arrival of a major horror sequel. I finally saw it yesterday and can see why it's having excellent staying power. Creepy movie.

Edited by filmlover
  • Like 1

After watching Halloween Ends last night, It is so bad that it makes me  miss Busta Rhymes.

You know what, how about MIchael Myers just goes to Japan or something like that, they would be a dumb idea, but it would be more interesting what this trash is.

Edited by CrashBandicoot81
  • Like 3

If smile will be around 11.75 mln this weekend and halloween ends 42 mln, then next weekend smile will be around 7 mln so halloween would have to fall more than 80 percent to finish below smile. It's not certain but its possible, who could predict this last month.