YM!

Ticket to Paradise Weekend Thread (and also Black Adam): Adam 67 (Rock's biggest leading debut), Paradise 16.3, Smile 8.3, Halloween 8 (80% drop!), Lyle 4.2 | Banshees 45K PTA, second-best of the year

30 minutes ago, Brainbug said:

Hey at least you loved Jurassic World Dominion just as everyone else that saw Jurassic World Dominion loved Jurassic World: Dominion.

Dominion was pretty boring. :hahaha:

this year at The movies i only really enjoyed The Batman and Top Gunn 👺

2 hours ago, ZeeSoh said:

advertising budget which could be 100-150 for a movie with 200m budget. That would push breakeven point much higher. Other things that can reduce profit would be if any of the people involved (actors, director, etc) have a deal to receive a percentage of gross or profit. On the other hand a movie earns revenue from other sources other than theatrical such as PVOD/SVOD, BluRay

Standard rule of thumb is 2.5* production budget.

Marketing budget is meant to be recouped through ancillary market over time.

33 minutes ago, fabiopazzo2 said:

Dominion was pretty.

this year at The movies i only really enjoyed The Batman and Top Gunn 👺

Fixed it.

Btw, i would also say that Top Gun and The Batman were the best big Hollywood films of the year so far.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, grey ghost said:

I think The Rock deserves a bit more credit.

A Shazam spin off ain't sniffin 67 million OW without Dwayne.

I don’t think “Shazam spin-off” is the right lens to view this. It’s not like Shazam was a success, producers greenlit a spin-off, and then decided The Rock was the best fit. This was a role The Rock picked years before Zach Levi was even cast as Shazam, developed as a vehicle project for The Rock concurrently with Shazam.

What I mean to say is that this film wouldn’t have existed without The Rock, whereas Shazam would have definitely existed without Levi.

9 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

October is proving it's a good month for superhero films so I wonder if WB might be tempted to move Blue Beetle to the first weekend of October? Kraven is no threat and if anything Sony would end up moving it. 

Would make sense with Flash opening just six weeks earlier. On the other hand, August this year was a wasteland... if '23 looks similar, a well-received superhero flick would stand to make a lot of money.

25 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

So is it true that BA is The Rock's biggest opening?

I guess if you only count his solo projects.

In a leading role, yes. Altogether...

1. Furious 7

2. The Fate of the Furious

3. Fast and Furious 6

4. Fast Five

5. The Mummy Returns

6. Black Adam

7. Hobbs and Shaw

8. Jumanji: The Next Level

9. Moana

10. San Andreas

Really shows just how insane of an opening San Andreas was. Everything else is either a sequel or has the DC Comics/Disney Princess branding to help bring in non-Rock fans. But San Andreas was all him and disaster movie tropes, which wasn't really a thing in 2015, at least compared to its 70s/90s heyday.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, cax16 said:

therockcole.jpg

Why haven’t these 2 done a movie together yet? Ego? It would be like Arnold and Sly Stone being in a movie together so maybe in 20 years.

Edited by eddyxx

1 hour ago, A Star is Delayed said:

Would make sense with Flash opening just six weeks earlier. On the other hand, August this year was a wasteland... if '23 looks similar, a well-received superhero flick would stand to make a lot of money.

August next year doesn't look bad, the main reason to move BB is that WB already has an August tentpole with The Meg 2 whereas they have nothing in October.

• Like 1