Eric Lasagna

Weekend Thread (11/4-6) | Weekend Actuals: Black Adam 18.3, One Piece 9.5, Ticket 8.5, Smile 4, Devil 3.9

14 minutes ago, cax16 said:

I mean it’s pretty obvious why he does this stuff, for money. His production company is in on the movie and he wants to see his movie flourish and build out from there, he’ll just make more money. This isn’t rocket science folks.   

He’s not making any money on this though is he so I guess it’s not that simple is it lol

Just now, VENOM said:

He’s not making any money on this though is he so I guess it’s not that simple is it lol

I mean he got paid over 20m for the movie so I’d say he did make money, and it’s obvious you’re just trolling anyways so I won’t bother responding to you anymore. If you really don’t understand why he does what he does there’s no helping you. 

• Like 7

18 minutes ago, Eric Carey said:

Because that’s part of his job? He’s promoting a movie he stars and produces and wants to see succeed. Actors promote their movies and hype up how they’re doing all the time. Why is it when Dwayne does it that everybody goes crazy and mocks him and only him?

And it’s not like this is some Skyscraper-level bomb. This is likely going to be in the top 15 for the year and those numbers, at least domestically, look good on paper on the average Twitter user. Only box office nerds and weirdo fanboys think this film is bombing like crazy. And even then, this isn’t some Ishtar-level failure.

There’s promoting and there’s gloating. He should have just said go see my movie its number one but go and help it get to this level.. he’s making people who liked it think they don’t need to see it again because it’s doing so well lol

Edited by VENOM

1 minute ago, VENOM said:

There’s promoting and there’s gloating. He should have just said go see my movie is number one but go and help it get to this level.. he’s making people who liked it think they don’t need to see it again because it’s doing so well.

Okay

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, cax16 said:

I mean he got paid over 20m for the movie so I’d say he did make money, and it’s obvious you’re just trolling anyways so I won’t bother responding to you anymore. If you really don’t understand why he does what he does there’s no helping you. 

Me saying the movie isn’t going to make money isn’t trolling it’s reality.  He won’t get another deal like that if he gets a sequel.. but I’m glad your happy he made his money because that’s what really matters 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, VENOM said:

Me saying the movie isn’t going to make money isn’t trolling it’s reality.  He won’t get another deal like that if he gets a sequel.. but I’m glad your happy he made his money because that’s what really matters 

We all know the movie isn’t making money, what’s trolling is asking why he’s doing what he’s doing to promote his movie when it’s obvious to everyone why he does what he does. 

Either way, post whatever you want, I’m not a mod and don’t care, I’ll just ignore you. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, cax16 said:

We all know the movie isn’t making money, what’s trolling is asking why he’s doing what he’s doing to promote his movie when it’s obvious to everyone why he does what he does. 

Either way, post whatever you want, I’m not a mod and don’t care, I’ll just ignore you. 

It’s a good thing you aren’t you don’t even know what trolling is lol. I wasn’t asking for your input you responded to me. You’ve already said you won’t anymore but immediately responded to me so hopefully this time you stick to it.

Big deflection from BO King Deadline Anthony this week:

Some rivals have snarked to me about the big cost for this movie at $200M before P&A, that Black Adam won’t profit. Black Adam will be lucky to top out at $400M WW…

Again, Warners couldn’t have seen that strong dollar coming abroad. Two quick thoughts: in some ways, we’re still in a marketplace of rebuild, and you could argue this was a pricey pic to start a deep universe DC franchise. Then again, it’s a Rock movie, with the same production price tag as Hobbs & Shaw. However, stateside, we can’t throw shade on Black Adam

We also have live footage of The Rock inside Deadline HQ dropping off his “promotional dues”.

607.gif

6 hours ago, BadOlCatSylvester said:

Is Daylight Savings still a thing in the US? We should have gotten Black Adam numbers by now.

This barbaric practice is still unfortunately a thing.

4 minutes ago, poweranimals said:

More like top 10.

Probably Black Adam ends up #10 or 11 DOM - right now, to get to #8, BA only needs to top $151M - that's easy.  Getting to #7, it needs to top $190M - that's gonna be harder, but I guess we'll see what happens to it with Black Panther's open.  But. I'd say - pretty unlikely at this point.

After that, Black Panther and Avatar will both top it, and I THINK, depending where Black Adam ends, Puss in Boots has a shot to top it, too...so that would be #10 or #11 for the year...

EDIT: Corrected to take out Spidey b/c it didn't open this year...

Edited by TwoMisfits

3 minutes ago, TwoMisfits said:

Probably Black Adam ends up #10 or 11 DOM - right now, to get to #8, BA only needs to top $151M - that's easy.  Getting to #7, it needs to top $190M - that's gonna be harder, but I guess we'll see what happens to it with Black Panther's open.  But. I'd say - pretty unlikely at this point.

After that, Black Panther and Avatar will both top it, and I THINK, depending where Black Adam ends, Puss in Boots has a shot to top it, too...so that would be #10 or #11 for the year...

EDIT: Corrected to take out Spidey b/c it didn't open this year...

Did Puss in Boots ever actually get made? Haven’t seen a thing about it. 

6 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

Did Puss in Boots ever actually get made? Haven’t seen a thing about it. 

I've seen the preview 307 times in the theater this year...I'm ALMOST joking, but it's been everywhere on every theoretically family possible movie since June...

31 minutes ago, TwoMisfits said:

I've seen the preview 307 times in the theater this year...I'm ALMOST joking, but it's been everywhere on every theoretically family possible movie since June...

Ahh I’ve been countless times in the last few months and haven’t seen a thing for it. Didn’t go to see any family films though. Think the only two here in the UK since July were DC Pets and Lyle Lyle Crocodile. 

Edit: it doesn’t come out here until February so that’s why I didn’t know it existed, they haven’t started advertising it here. 

Edited by Krissykins

1 hour ago, GOGODanca said:

Shazam was the last profitable dceu movie and Shazam 2 will likely be the next profitable dceu movie

It was also a lot better than black adam.. all these people batting for BA is embarrassing.. they will look back at this with there head in there hands lol

Edited by VENOM