Eric is Anxious

Weekdays Thread (12/19-22) | Avatar: The Way of 14.5 | Mon 16.2, Tue 18.3, Wed 14.3, Thu 14.5| Puss 3.2 OD | Check In For Your Hourly Weather Update

Just now, JimiQ said:

I feel like smaller weekdays actually point to bigger weekends, doesn’t burn that much demand and there is still plenty of time to catch the movie - at a proper screen, not just to fill that urge to see it ASAP

hope youre right

but im a bit worried about the storm and the run time will really hurt its potential gross on CE

3 minutes ago, Grebacio said:

Let the meltdowns begin

It was predicted to be 16m a day ago, then 16.5-17 as of 5 hours ago and now it's 16.2

No meltdown on my end, it will just the haters proclaiming its dead in the water

Just now, IronJimbo said:

It was predicted to be 16m a day ago, then 16.5-17 as of 5 hours ago and now it's 16.2

No meltdown on my end, it will just the haters proclaiming its dead in the water

IronJimbo give me strength

Edited by interiorgatordecorator
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Brainbug said:

For example, the LOTR movies are extremely long (especially ofc the extended versions) but you really dont feel that while watching because every single scene is important and the long runtime just adds to the epic experience

Except for the 17 endings of ROTK. My bladder definitely felt the running time towards the end

Just now, Eric The Last Airbender said:

The endings weren't that bad, c'mon now lol

They weren't bad, but just too many, kept thinking "ok, this is it" ... and then getting another one.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, M37 said:

Except for the 17 endings of ROTK. My bladder definitely felt the running time towards the end

I can understand that but every ending is important to close all the storylines and its great!

• Like 2

Just now, titanic2187 said:

I am running out of "excuse" to defend the movie. Doesn't fit well with the Titanic's 25 years anniversary. 

What's there to defend, movie is released in countries other than USA, where it'll make around 1.2-1.4 billion.

USA is just bonus, if China was at full strength, this one would've been highest grossing movie of 2022 just by overseas gross.

• Like 2

Just now, M37 said:

They weren't bad, but just too many, kept thinking "ok, this is it" ... and then getting another one.

See I don't understand that argument either. They clearly denote that this isn't the end and no ending except the true one works thematically. They do well setting up there's still more to wrap up.

• Like 4