Eric Prime

Weekdays Thread (12/19-22) | Avatar: The Way of 14.5 | Mon 16.2, Tue 18.3, Wed 14.3, Thu 14.5| Puss 3.2 OD | Check In For Your Hourly Weather Update

Just now, Maggie said:

wow legs are gonna be splendid. people panicked way too early. A2 on its way to #1 movie of 2022

Everyone just needs to wait a week honestly then we'll know hows its going to do.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Maggie said:

wow legs are gonna be splendid. people panicked way too early. A2 on its way to #1 movie of 2022

ok idk about all that but it's look good for $600m dom which is all i wanted for years. not sure why monday was so low 

6 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

https://variety.com/2022/film/news/avatar-the-way-of-water-box-office-550-million-1235467215/

On Tuesday, “Avatar: The Way of Water” added a solid $18.3 million domestically and $40.5 million internationally. So far, it’s generated $168.6 million domestically and $387.3 million internationally to date, taking its global tally to $555.9 million.

That's...very good on both counts, right? International especially ticked up like $3m from Charlie's early estimates, nice. Let's see how hard this deflated Saturday and winter storm hits.

Edited by Dragoncaine

1 minute ago, shruth said:

ok idk about all that but it's look good for $600m dom which is all i wanted for years. not sure why monday was so low 

WOM still spreading + people are in no rush + more holidays

Edited by IronJimbo

Everything about Titanic is awesome. The more I think about, the more obsessed I get. 

Bill Hader Snl GIF

• Young Leo
  • KATE WITH AN AXE
  • ”PLEASE SHES ALL I HAVE IN THE WORLD”
  • Victor Garber!!!!
  • Kathy Bates living her best life
  • The Band 😭😭😭
  • ALL the Historical Accuracy (except for locking the gate and third class. They unlocked the gates by 1230, and they didn’t start loading the lifeboats until 1240.)
  • The fact we actually get to see whar the ship looked like since they basically rebuilt the ship down to the silverware!!
  • The crazy production stories
  • James Cameron trying to kill all his extras with practical effects 
  • The story of them having to take pictures of Leonardo DiCaprio’s real bruises so they could match the make up for when they healed
  • the pee tank
  • SO OVER BUDGET Cameron offered to give up his salary 
  • all Hollywood thinking he was nuts
  • to make 2B dollars
  • The SONG!! Celine being Celine
  • The song/movie being so iconic it’s referenced in Oops I Did It Again
  • Oscar Sweep!
  • THE PCP COWDER MYSTERY THAT HAS YET TO BE SOLVED!!!!!!

Youre The Best GIF by Rhino Records

• Like 8
  • Astonished 1

01. Aliens 10/10 perfect movie

02. Terminator 2 - 10/10 perfect action movie

03. Terminator 1 9/10 - a true classic

04. The Abyss - 9/10 - still too underrated!

05. Avatar - 7/10 - pretty movie!

06. True Lies - 7/10 - gets worse with every rewatch for me, but still solid 90s action

07. Titanic - 2/10 - Boring

I dont think i have to explain what my hottake here is and i hope i wont get murdered too fast for it.

• Astonished 1
  • Knock It Off 2

Titanic is in my top five films of all time. I was *obsessed* as a kid. First film I ever went to see more than once in the cinema. I was 9. Preordered the VHS and got a poster, had posters on my walls etc the full lot lol. It’s incredible. Hoping it gets re-released in February here. 

Great Tuesday for Avatar, best Tuesday of the year. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, M37 said:

Just want to say, now that we have a real number that looks good in comparison to the ones floated last night, it’s really just … fine. Typically, films that preform better on Sat & Sun tend to have better Tuesdays (see most recently BPWF) due to a similar audience composition 

I’m expecting a drop for Wed, though more schools getting out yesterday or today will soften it. RO’s -15% seems like as good a place as any to set the bar, won’t be surprised with -10%, and anything better than that is a good result 

Here are the Tue to Wed holds for the big tentpole since TFA (excluding those years directly impacted by X-Mas), and the Wednesday openings on that day

NWH (12/22/21) = -11.3% (Sing 2, Matrix, King's Man)

TLJ (12/20/17) = -16.6% (Jumanji WTJ, Greatest Showman)

RO (12/21/16) = -14.9% (Sing, Assassin's Creed, Passengers)

TFA (12/23/15) = +1.8% (no Wed openings)

11 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

On Tuesday, “Avatar: The Way of Water” added a solid $18.3 million domestically

So $15.5, maybe $16M is the baseline expectations bar

3 minutes ago, Eric in Boots said:

@Cap Very shocked you didn't bring up the Real Party scene. This is probably the best scene Daddy Cameron's ever directed and I will take that to my grave. 

oh man. Leo was so young and adorable. After Titanic i went to see him in The Beach and totally loved that one too.

15 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

https://variety.com/2022/film/news/avatar-the-way-of-water-box-office-550-million-1235467215/

On Tuesday, “Avatar: The Way of Water” added a solid $18.3 million domestically and $40.5 million internationally. So far, it’s generated $168.6 million domestically and $387.3 million internationally to date, taking its global tally to $555.9 million.

US number is great but damn OS is killing it 

I think 1.3B is possible with 2 months without competition ahead