Issac Newton

Christmas Weekend Thread | Avatar 95.6m, PiB 20.05m, Babylon 4.85m 4 days

3 hours ago, Legion in Boots said:

Some uncertainty with regional dynamics around eve/weather, but based on numbers I am seeing around 14.5 for Sat. Strong hold 👍

37 minutes ago, Legion in Boots said:

Hmm, yeah, maybe my dyslexia kicking in. Perhaps it was supposed to be 15.4

Measures of central tendency rule everything around me

• Like 1

11 hours ago, stuart360 said:

Well 25% seems pretty good seeing as though everyone keeps saying how cinema is dying and the market has changed.

Besides i thought this was a box office forum. I'm sure Disney are looking at the dollars, not admissions.

Any news on the Sat brother Stewart 😎?

17 minutes ago, JustLurking said:

honestly as bad as the storm is, the a2 numbers didnt really come in all that poor, curious to see how next week looks like at this point

went unnecessarily low in my prediction though

Avatar 2 is going to be full of suprises brother 👍

• Haha 1

Through 9 days of release, Avatwo's total is more than $28M behind Rogue One ($18M of that from opening Thur/Fri), having had only one single day that finished higher (Tue +4%)

While I think you can very reasonably assert that Avatwo will have a better January an onward than RO's relatively weak $107M, continuing to shallow RO's December dailies by ~5% would leave it ~$37M behind by New Years, at around ~$388M

From the holiday week, Xmas through NY (12/25-1/01), RO brought in ~$165M, including $28.9M on Xmas and $32.1M on Boxing Day. Very curious to see how Avatwo preforms vs those benchmarks. Looking at ticket sales for today in a few markets, and expecting a nice Xmas Day bump, though with PLFs mostly sold, not sure how much walk-up business will be left vs rolling forward to tomorrow and later in the week

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Borobudur said:

Who know everyday this coming days is 100% higher from the week before? 

Definitely not. Monday will be relatively close to 100% higher than last Monday (Closer to 80%) but Tues-Weds-Thurs won't be nearly that much bigger. More like 20-30% bigger on average.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, XXR Krampus Claus said:

Definitely not. Monday will be relatively close to 100% higher than last Monday (Closer to 80%) but Tues-Weds-Thurs won't be nearly that much bigger. More like 20-30% bigger on average.

But isn't Wed-Thursday were affected by Snowstorm? The number definitely look underperform across the board, even if you compare to last year number. I think 40%-50% is more likely if not there is no reason talking about snowstorm effect in the past 20-30 pages. 

19 minutes ago, ThomasNicole said:

Yeah with this amazing SAT, if SUN ended up matching or bigger than R1 (which seems extremelly reasonable), i think by next weekend it will be ahead of R1 already and should hold better in January

what amazing SAT? I can't find any confirmed numbers anywhere

21 minutes ago, Borobudur said:

But isn't Wed-Thursday were affected by Snowstorm? The number definitely look underperform across the board, even if you compare to last year number. I think 40%-50% is more likely if not there is no reason talking about snowstorm effect in the past 20-30 pages. 

Wed wasnt affected by weather in a noticable degree as far as i understand but next Thursday and Friday will prob have a bigger jump than they would otherwise , but bigger by idk ~5% i imagine

• Like 2