Issac Newton

Christmas Weekend Thread | Avatar 95.6m, PiB 20.05m, Babylon 4.85m 4 days

4 minutes ago, Poseidon said:

Could somebody please explain the 14.5m-incident to me please? 

Basically @ZeeSoh made that number up for one of the weekdays and since then its assumed that every day is a 14,5M Day for Avatar.

Which is true, ofc.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Verrows said:

All I'll say is Netflix is the McDonald's of entertainment lowest common denominator quality stuff. Streaming in general is the fast food of entertainment, but Netflix and Disney+ are the worst.

Netflix put out a critically acclaimed show or movie at least once or twice a week. I’d also argue Hulu/Star has more consistency than Amazon at least.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Brainbug said:

Basically @ZeeSoh made that number up for one of the weekdays and since then its assumed that every day is a 14,5M Day for Avatar.

Which is true, ofc.

Thank you, very appreciated.

I needed the information to play that annoying guessing game that's going on for years and that I still hate with passion. 

But there you go, possibel meanings:

1. It just means that Disney estimates are lowballs, without a specific hint at the real numbers.

2. It could be specific and means, that Avatar is $3,8m (18.3-14.5) higher than Disney estimated , so 25,3m CD.

3. It's 26% higher than Disney Estimate (again, 18.3 vs. 14.5) and would put it at $27,1m.

4. Whatever

Edited by Poseidon

5 minutes ago, Poseidon said:

. It just means that Disney estimates are lowballs, without a specific hint at the real numbers.

2. It could be specific and means, that Avatar is $3,8m (18.3-14.5) higher than Disney estimated , so 25,3m CD.

3. It's 26% higher than Disney Estimate (again, 18.3 vs. 14.5) and would put it at $27,1m.

4. Whatever

I don't know where 18.3 comes from but there is one very obvious way to combine it with 14.5...

7 minutes ago, aabattery said:

14.5 is how many pages we'll get through before we get the actual number.

It's the number of acres of dying rain forest the traffic of this board causes while people search for actual information in a topic about numbers. 

Speaking of those troubles: Is there a way to get notified by EVERY posting by a user you follow in a topic? Currently I'm only notified about the first unread positing a member posted, but I don't get direct access to following postings by said user. 

Edited by Poseidon

48 minutes ago, Brainbug said:

14,5 x 2 equals 29M Sunday?

That’s been my eyeball estimate for a few hours now, so I’m going to vote yes 

• Like 2