Issac Newton

Christmas Weekend Thread | Avatar 95.6m, PiB 20.05m, Babylon 4.85m 4 days

1 hour ago, Cap said:

All of those things can be true, and people could go see the movie anyway.

We forget that the real reason movie theaters are never going to truly “die”, is they’re a social event. People go together. People go to get out of the house.

I’m not going to Avatar tomorrow because I want to. I’m going because my aunt, who takes care of my 94 year old grandmother 24/7, needs to get out of the house for three hours cause she’s feeling overwhelmed. 

So, I’m gonna suck it up and go with her, despite the fact I know she’s gonna fall asleep halfway through. Cause she falls asleep halfway through every movie now.

hope she doesn’t fall asleep at the halfway mark as she’s going to miss some serious ‘I can’t believe what I’m seeing’ stuff. 

you’ll have to nudge her awake. 

94 year olds seeing this when they were kids in the early days of the film medium itself is everything. 

Just now, Flopped said:

Do we know how close to a billion A2 is? Once news of it topping a billion comes out, it will draw more people who were on the fence to the theatre. 

tuesday earlier, wednesday latest. Probablt wednesday

15 minutes ago, kayumanggi said:

Am I the only one who enjoyed Love and Thunder more than Multiverse of Madness? 😅 I just can't with that movie. I laughed several times. 😂

I enjoyed L&T more than MoM too. At the least, I don't think there's much of a difference between the quality of the two films. Does L&T get more hate because it was more recent while MoM coasted on NWH goodwill for the most part?

• Like 1

Just now, LonePirate said:

Robbie delivers a good performance; but the film is still awful. I blame Chazelle for that, though since he wrote and directed that garbage.

Her performance is a bit one-note. She's a "wild child" from first to last frame. Not entirely her fault but she played the entire role in one key and it got stale. 

1 minute ago, Spidey Freak said:

I enjoyed L&T more than MoM too. At the least, I don't think there's much of a difference between the quality of the two films. Does L&T get more hate because it was more recent while MoM coasted on NWH goodwill for the most part?

I don't think so. L&T felt like half baked product. Atleast MoM had signature Raimi with multiverse sheningas

2 minutes ago, Spidey Freak said:

It's the overkill jokes for me. Waititi needs to stop doing those.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Firepower said:

Bombs.

That won't change the point then lol. But I seriously don't see how Barbie will bomb. It feels like minions 2 situation. When Barbie opens lot of people will have posts like : tickets for Barbie please type of thing 

Edited by Nero
  • Like 1